http://ps2.ign.com/articles/429/429322p1.html

there ya go.
Graphics look, again, AWSOME!!!!

halo
07-19-2003, 03:11 AM
thats my evenings gone then...GT4 online :D

grantimus
07-19-2003, 07:54 AM
I've never liked racing games very much, but I have to give them credit for their graphics. Simply amazing.

Cod
07-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by grantimus
I've never liked racing games very much
I'm the same way, but Gran Turismo is at a different level than other racing games. The graphics and physics are so realistic that its simply incredible. GT is one of only two racing games that I play, the other being 'Riding Spirits'. RS is basically the same concept as GT except with motorcycles instead of cars.

Neil
07-19-2003, 07:50 PM
I haven't seen any trailers for it yet, just stills. And i'm guessing those stills are fromt the post-race playback? They just look way too nice to be realtime.
I too don't like racing games too much, but did like Midnight Club, it wasn't as linear as most other racing games. (then again it's not meant to be realistic)

Cod
07-19-2003, 08:04 PM
I have some of the videos from the E3 show floor and a few press conference videos. If any of y'all would like to get them from me, contact me on AIM (s/n: DumbHick19) sometime and just say you're from CG talk and would like the GT4 videos. I can't send them directly, but I can upload them and give out the link on AIM. I don't want to give out the links here because it could bog down the server (its a game server too).

Per-Anders
07-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I haven't seen any trailers for it yet, just stills. And i'm guessing those stills are fromt the post-race playback? They just look way too nice to be realtime.
I too don't like racing games too much, but did like Midnight Club, it wasn't as linear as most other racing games. (then again it's not meant to be realistic)

while they will be from post race (i believe that's the only time you can see your car from the funky camera angles) this is realtime, and there's no switch in quality or level of detail between during the race and the post race playback of the whole shebang.

halo
07-19-2003, 09:50 PM
theres some videos of gt4 around as well..has been for months

alphatron
07-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Apperantly, the engine displayed in the videos that have been released of GT4 is from GT Concept, which is basically the GT3 engine but tweaked for better performance. The stills however are from the GT4 engine.

Neil
07-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by halo
theres some videos of gt4 around as well..has been for months

Regardless of how long they've been out, i'm just saying i haven't seen em yet. Don't have enough time in the day to watch every trailer for every gaem that gets released.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.