PDA

View Full Version : how to stay in selection mode while translate rotate or scaling

jukke
05-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Ive been trying out modo for some time now, and while it seems like a realy great program.
theres just one thing I realy dont like. its that the program forces you to be in either: selection, translate, rotate or scale mode
I cant select anything when moving objects or polys or whatever, I must first drop the translate "tool" to begin selecting

I want the translate, rotate or scale mode to be active in selection mode, like in many other 3dprograms

It would also work if I somehow could move/scale/rotate stuff with for ex the left mousebutton, and select stuff with for ex the middle and the right mousebutton

Is this somehow possible?

hope you understand =)

fuzzylizard
05-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I am not completely sure what you are asking for, but have you tried the transform tool (accessed by pressing 't'). This allows you to move verts, edges, and polygons without having to release the tool first.

AnonyMouse
05-20-2009, 08:17 AM
1. If you are moving (after pressed w) you can hold w again and release the mouse button. Then you will be able to select immediately. Or you can hold w all the time you are moving your mouse, just release the mouse first.
2. In "Basic" you can press Alt and you will see Move tool will become "Soft drag". This way you can drag-move.
3. Or go to "Deform" tab (or Edit->Deform) and choose "sculpt". Middle click-drag to define the strenght or right click-drag to define the size and then left click-drag to move. That is not for 2,5 sculpting but more moving tool.
I am using modo from few weeks and there may be other ways, but that is what I know. And transform tool is great too :)

pd
05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
1. If you are moving (after pressed w) you can hold w again and release the mouse button. Then you will be able to select immediately. Or you can hold w all the time you are moving your mouse, just release the mouse first.

Didn't know this, thanks!

jukke
05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
thanks for the tips AnonyMouse!

I will however keep on looking for a better solution to my problem :P
And if there is no solution, I guess I just have to learn to deal with modo as it is

fasttam
05-27-2009, 03:22 PM
http://content.luxology.com/modo/201/video/Select_Through.mov

http://content.luxology.com/modo/201/video/SelectThrough.mov

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2009, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.