PDA

View Full Version : Maya live and person footage

spiralof5
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi,

I have to track a 3D object with live footage for the first time. All I have in the scene is a woman with a white background. Can I use her face as solid tracking points? Maybe her shoulders and hips? Does anyone have any tips on how to do this with Maya live?

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT: I edited this to more clearly state the problem. I have green screen footage that needs to be tracked. I have the actual green screen room that we taped. Am I going to be able to accurately track this footage with Maya live being that the only solid points to lay for the tracking is either going to be definciancies in the green cloth or the person speaking in the footage?

skunk184
05-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Scott,

i cant speak about maya live but if the track is pretty simple, I generally do it by eye using the footage as an image plane. Maybe id add some track spots to her face in afx so its easier to match in 3d. Ive done quite a few 3d/live footage shots for commercials and no one has ever complained about the tracking. If its conplicated shot then its obviously a different matter.

Its sounds like you have one advantage in that you know(?) the the details of live camera.So you shouldnt have to mess around too much finding the right perspective.

I dont know what your project is for but you may have to adust tracks depending on how they edit the live footage online for the cutting and when they telecine to full grade(usually a couple of days before the final in my experience,woot:hmm: ).

not sure if its helpful but i hope it is.

Craig

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 06:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.