PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Chapter?

Mirzon
05-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Well here goes....I'm not sure if there is any interest in a Denver Colorado/Surrounding Areas chapter. I am just begining to teach myself CG. My art background is mainly from high school and am now working on learning the computer side. So I would not be the person to go to for questions on art....But I do know how to organize and plan...so if there are artists in the area interested I will do some of the grunt work of setting up and planning but I need experienced artists to come and be the art side of it. Is there any interest?

splitpoint
05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
There are some folks around....
Currently myself and some other PixelCorps and FXPhd members have been meeting every other month in Denver. Anyone interested in CG or production in the metro area is welcome to Join us. In the past we've done some presentations but these days it's mostly shop talk. If we start to get some more folks showing up to the meetings I'll pull some more presentations/learning sessions together. PM me if you want to be added to the invite list. We usually meet at Dave and Busters in Denver but if there are presentations we have access to the CU animation lab.

There was also a few CGSociety members that were meeting once a month but I'm not sure if that is still going on as it was posted in the paid section of the forums here and I no longer have access.

splitpoint
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Just an FYI for anyone local - There's a Colorado PXC/FXPhd meeting tomorrow night starting at 6:00pm at Dave and Busters on Colorado and I25. CGSociety members are welcome to join us. You can PM me for more info.

Al

RunicP
06-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Can you provide more info. My wife and I may attend tonight. The D&B by the Theater off Broadway and I-25?

What is being discussed?

Much Appreciated

splitpoint
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
D&B's on Colorado Blvd and I25, there is a movie theater there.

Nothing official being discussed, this is a social meeting and shop talk. I do have a few items for the PXC guys attending but other than a couple of announcements there is no agenda. If people start showing up to these meetings I will schedule some presentations going forward.

PM me if you need additional info on the meeting. Also, significant others are welcome as long as they don't mind conversing with a bunch of CGI geeks.

Al

splitpoint
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Addl info:

We'll be meeting at Dave and Busters at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Meeting will start at 6:00pm. Please let me know if you plan to attend so that I can be on the lookout for you. Here's the address:

Dave and Busters
2000 S Colorado Blvd # D
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 759-1515

RunicP
06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Certainly...

No she wouldnt mind a bunch of CG Geeks.... Hell we both are :)

Yeah it would be nice to grow this group into something where we might be able to incorporate training...

Ill call a few people see if they want to attend.

Thanks ;)

splitpoint
06-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Sure, I'd love to grow it.

We've done some presentations in the past on photogrammetry, matchmoving, Houdini 9, and also just showing WIPs for the projects that we're working on. Attendence dropped off so we stopped the presentations because it requires a lot of prep work. IF folks start showing up again I'm happy to bring the presentations back.

splitpoint
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
One more thing, tonight I'll be wearing a red Hawaiian shirt with black palm leaves so that you guys can find me if it's busy.

aurora
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Just curious, are you guys still meeting? I live up north but its an easy enough drive down to Denver.

dingofarmer
06-22-2010, 04:37 AM
looks like this post is a year old, I live up north also and am somewhat dissapointed that there is little in colorado for CG user groups

splitpoint
06-22-2010, 05:52 AM
There's a couple of us that get together periodically but nothing official at this point as there just wasn't any interest. I might be willing to try again if enough folks chime in.

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2010, 05:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.