PDA

View Full Version : Render passes from BAT file

Alsa
05-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Hello guys

I came here because i don't know where to find what I'm looking for. I have 3 escenes with different passes that I want to render from a BAT file but I don't know how to do that. I know the flag is -rp but I'm not sure how to use it.

I mean, I've created a .bat file that renders both scenes but it renders them using maya software instead of using MR. The -r mr flag is not working (or maybe I'm not doing it well) and now I have even more problems becuase I need MR and the AOC and luminance passes.

I know my render settings are correct because I batch rendered one scene and everything was OK, but whenever I go and try using a BAT file it goes crazy.

Is there any flag so it renders with the render settings?
How do i use MR in a .bat file?
How do I render passes with a .bat file?

I'm kinda new to all this, but I'm highly interested on learning it, so if you have any info/tips/tutos/links to share I will really aprecciate it.

Thanks in advance.

chronic
05-19-2009, 04:56 AM
here is an example:

set MAYA2009x64="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2009\bin\render.exe"

%MAYA2009x64% -r mr -rt 4 -v 5 -s 139 -e 150 -cam RC -rl bkgdLayer,charLayer -rp basePass,AOPass -rd "F:\PROJECTS\test\test_COMP\Frames" -proj "F:\PROJECTS\test\test_MAYA" "F:\PROJECTS\test\test_MAYA\scenes\test_scene.ma"

remember, no spaces between the layers listed in the -rl tag or the -rp tag

simply list multiple calls to the render.exe one after another to render multiple scenes

chronic
05-19-2009, 04:58 AM
know what, just take my .bat, i use this alot, and it has some useful info.

NOTE: designed for windows x64 systems, check all paths please.

also, it really helps readability, even for simple batch code, to use an editor with syntax highlighting like notepad++

doffer
05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Hey Chronic :)

Thanks a lot for the .bat.
I didn't know about the color coding and error-checking.

Is there a reason to set those paths?
I've never done that, and never encountered any problems with just calling the render.

Cheers

chronic
05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
the render calls are long already as they have to be on a single line, and setting the env variables just helps reduce that and helps make it a little clearer as to which version of maya you are rendering with.

calling render.exe on its own without the full path, you will just render with whichever maya version got installed first on your system.

Alsa
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey Chronic, thanks a LOT for answering and sharing your .bat. It has been really useful and finally I managed to do it.

Greetings from Spain

PS: you have a really impressive portfolio. Congrats.

doffer
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Ahh, didn't think about the possibility of having more installs, that makes perfect sense.
Thanks a lot :)

-and yeah, I dropped by your site to. Super cool stuff, mate :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.