PDA

View Full Version : Post here to show our appreciation for Proton...

RobertoOrtiz
07-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Some people have been real jerks with one of my favorite guys in the LW community, and I think it is time to express our appreciation for all he has done.

From the free Models, the interviews, and free Tutorials, Proton
has helped the LW community . He has become our very own LW evangelist.

So post here and show your support for him, he needs to hear it.

-Roberto

Sil3
07-18-2003, 04:19 PM
I already did on a thread that misteriously dissapeard, im not going to repeat myself.

Sil3

fourd
07-18-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm behind you here.. Proton rocks and is a great asset. But I got to tell you, I've found alot of great help here, from people like Proton, KLaaven and Leigh, and others so I'm sorry I got to leave now.

I'm tired of all the hate wars that spawn up here, I'm tired of the Proton bashing, and I'm tired of the Lightwave bashing... So to all those that helped me an incredible amount over the past 6 months, I say thank you, and all you bashers can kiss my ass...

See ya at Newtek Forums Proton:thumbsup:

PHILL_JAMES2000
07-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Proton's the man!!!

robinson
07-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Yeah Thanks for everything Proton !!! :beer:

Castius
07-18-2003, 04:29 PM
keep up the great work.

Limbus
07-18-2003, 04:35 PM
I really appreciate the work Proton and NewTek put into the Lightwave Community. I learned a lot of great things from Proton. :thumbsup:

You rock! :buttrock:

Florian

Stone
07-18-2003, 04:37 PM
i'll throw in my support as well. for proton, but also for leigh, mikerb, leonard, lildragon whom are the mods admins ive seen the most from.

all always only contributing with stuff trying to make this place pleasent and informative despite the dirt and jerks.

/stone

manfriday
07-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Yeah, Proton's a great guy.
Not sure whatthat whole "get your hands on LW8" thing was all about, but he's aces in my book.
And I know he stays up all night worrying about who is and who is not on my "people who's lives will be spared when I take over the world and enslave humanity" list.
Just to let ya know Proton, you ARE on my short list of people to spare.

Cman
07-18-2003, 04:38 PM
I would dare say an "appreciation" thread is too-little-too-late for Proton, and many others that frequented these threads.
If Newtek and Proton charged for the free support, models and information there'd probably be no problems.

Just goes to show that people only value what they pay for.

froggyplat
07-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Proton has done much for the peoples. Without him, I don't think I would spend very much time in this forum. :love:

lightwolf
07-18-2003, 04:44 PM
...post... :applause: :applause: :buttrock:

faulknermano
07-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Cman

you said it.

lightwolf
07-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Cman
What do you mean, after all, I paid for Lightwave, which includes Proton (allthough it should say so on the box as well).
May be in L[8]: includes Protongons and Communitiosity.
:D
Cheers,
Mike
Oh, Proton, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Triple G
07-18-2003, 04:53 PM
I just wanted to say that regardless of whether or not I agreed with the purpose of the whole "who wants to get their hands on LW8" thread, I still think Proton's a great guy and a tremendous asset to this community. I'm not sure how much good a thread like this is going to do...in fact if I were in his shoes I'm not sure I'd want to be a mod here either. But that's beside the point. If he does decide to resign as a mod, hopefully he'll still stick around in member capacity. From what I can tell, William's too much of a people-person to stay away from us forever...even if we can be , how shall I say...."mildly abrasive" at times. :D

studiomiguel
07-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I've met Mr. Proton in person and he's quite a pleasant fellow. Really enjoyable to talk to and one of the people that make Lightwave my favorite 3d app. I never thought software would extend beyond the production abilities, but a community with folks like William extend the benefits far beyond the box.

Keep up the good work.. I've never seen anything but good from your efforts.

Thanks man!

m

ChrisS
07-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I think folks went a little overboard and sent some truly unwarranted heat Proton's way. I myself threw a barb that, while definitely not as vitriolic as some, wound up being part of the general negativity exhibited in the thread. Sorry about that. It's not something that's normally part of my demeanor. The satement was made out of frustration stemming from a completely unrelated subject, and wasn't meant as a slam against anybody in general, and certainly not Proton specifically.

I sincerely hope he rethinks giving up his Mod status, though I guess I can see not wanting to deal with all of the headaches that come with it.

MattClary
07-18-2003, 05:26 PM
We love ya', Proton, even when you tease us.

KingMob
07-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Ok first off, I do nto use lightwave, second off, I barely have spoken to proton ever, but I do know he is a ssuper sharing, and a passionate guy, especuially about lightwave.

It's a real shame if people are picking on him, but I chalk it up to jealousy.

I hope that doesn't cause him to want to turn his back on this forum, becuase it really is a better place with him. From knowledge, free models, and just a general interest in helping other people

I just want to throw in my vote as a proton, please don't leave us.

-Ian

rickycox
07-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Proton does a lot for our community and deserves more respect. I always look forward to his links and tips and it would be sad to see him go becuase of this.

PolyMangler
07-18-2003, 05:42 PM
I haven't been involved with the LW community all that long but from the first day i was here i figured out that proton is da' man....everytime i've seen him post it was something a)vitally helpful b)informative c) concise.....the LW community would take an irrepritable hit if we lost our buddy Proton...so i join everyone in saying thank you to the big green guy :buttrock:

and lets all have a beer :beer: and get back to having fun with our jobs instead of trolling all the time :scream:

:beer:

uncommongrafx
07-18-2003, 05:56 PM
I would like to professionally and personally request that Mr. Vaughn's request to be removed as moderator be politely ignored.

I use this forum and all its information as a tool to get a job done. Nothing more. Lots less. Heck, I even agree with Cim more times that I care to admit. :shrug:
But truly: we only know each other through the use of this tool. And if one of us (by following through on their threats) leaves the community because the MARKETING GUY for lw causes a stir, I am grateful for you ten (10) that are the replacements. :applause:

EvilE
07-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey Proton stay here :beer: Let the people who are bashing you go :wip:

EE

milqman
07-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey Proton, hope you don't leave...
You are a really great person to have on these forums. Thanks for all you've done.

I sincerely hope I didn't add to the negativity here.

discode
07-18-2003, 06:41 PM
Reagardless of how i feel about the LW8 thread it would be a shame to see someone as dedicated to LW and the community leave over it. So please dont leave us Proton but if you decide to Thank you for all you have done for us...

pblacklock
07-18-2003, 06:47 PM
i say block access to the bashers, remove their account and privileges. get rid of the scum and keep up the good work. if it weren't for the posting by proton then this board would be dead.

just look at all the great links he has given this COMMUNITY over the last few months, i have learn an incredible amount of stuff with these people who interact with him on an intelligent manner rather than spending time digging through all the books and videos.

i still don't understand why some people are constantly acting like children, maybe they have no life. maybe they are just frustrated people who are having a hard time at home with establishing their careers.

Proton and the rest of Lightwave Team(that means all of us) should continue to support ideas, knowledge and help to further continue the growth of our software. Peronally, I think it is ex wavers who have switched to Maya creating all this shit. Maya this Maya that, who cares, the forum say Lightwave: if you want those features then go grab Maya and stick with it. move on trust us, in the next few months, you will get kick out of maya forums too, cause your constant attitude of whining and feeling sorry for yourself gets old real fast.

I don't know who runs this forums but i think a serious week end meeting to establish new community standards should be in effect and stritcly enforce. If Abusing or slandering takes place then time for some law enforcement.

Proton as long as you help one person Keep doing what you do best, spread knowledge and motivation for us all.

Paul Blacklock

Nemoid
07-18-2003, 06:56 PM
As i said many times since I visit CGTalk.

Proton rocks!

and i thought also before, because i knew
the work he was doing for Newtek

I'm happy Lw community is supported from
such a person.

So thank you, William !:thumbsup:

and don't let people's umpoliteness to
make you leave this forum.

colkai
07-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Count me among the faithful!

I've been royally miffed lately at the grief Proton, and all at Newtek have been getting recently.

Glad to be among those of us who think they deserve better !
:D :wavey: :thumbsup:

Kvaalen
07-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Proton rocks!!! :buttrock:

I really appreciate what he has done for the community and I hope he doesn't stop being a moderator!

juanjgon
07-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey Proton ... you are the head of LW comunity :beer:
I hope see you here forever :applause:

Regards,

Howzat
07-19-2003, 03:18 AM
It's great having proton so active in this forum, he does a great job of promoting lightwave as well as supporting the community.

Don't leave proton and keep up the great work!

richpr
07-19-2003, 03:32 AM
Keep evangelizing...

And LWG3D is back, we know where to go...

SimianLogic
07-19-2003, 03:38 AM
For all the talk of negativity on this forum, I've never seen any of it. I guess I should chalk that up to the great mods. Personally, I've never gotten anything but help from Proton.

Monty
07-19-2003, 05:17 AM
More power Proton. :thumbsup:

Chewey
07-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Quite honestly, this recent rash of individuals getting all peeved and stomping out of this forum is a bit on the
silly side. Reminds me of the kid who threatens to take his football and go home when things aren't going his way.

What's with all the drama kids? Be nice to the guys who take the time to give out the good stuff here.

fender
07-19-2003, 06:19 AM
just go to lwg3d and embrace the venue when it's back up and just leave this place.

this forum doesn't deserve you.

i've said enough!

I would second that for sure, but i don't think lwg3d is the place for all lightwave users. It's a great forum with tons of energy, but they are tight! Your in or your not! They make forum rules, but do not apply them to every member! You can post final art with out credit (artist call) and they blast it strait up! Been told I am not a PITA. OK...... So, my art being blasted off there forum for not having credits, cool, but why does the art of that white image stay up so long???????????????????????? Following lwg3d regs it should have been blasted strait away like mine! It's not a stait plaing field for sure!

This forum has gotten crazy! Real crazy with the Proton LW 8 thing. Call it what you will, I'm and artist FIRST, so if I have to look elsewhere for 3D I will! Just hoping I don't!

Triple G
07-19-2003, 06:31 AM
To each his own...no forum is perfect, and everyone's going to wind up going where they feel most comfortable, be it here, there, or no forums at all. Make your decisions, go where you will, and get on with life. There's plenty of room on the net for all of us. :beer:

Memodin
07-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Yes, proton rullezzzzzz..... He is really helpfull always.. thanks man.

Per-Anders
07-19-2003, 07:09 AM
My software isn't Lightwave. But I think that the Lightwave forum would suffer a great loss if Proton wasn't here in charge. He seems to be a nice guy who's genuinely dedicated and passionate about helping everyone here get the most out of their app and the community. He really seems to have dedicated a lot of his time to this place, and he's widely appreciated not just in this particular area of CGTalk. Stay Proton, if ever there was a time when the CGTalklightwave community needed you, surely it's now.

takkun
07-19-2003, 07:14 AM
Just want to say sorry for something I said in the Who wants to get their hands on LW8? thread. I said that Proton knows how to get everyone excited and then let everyone down. I didn't mean it, I must of had a bad burrito for lunch that day or something. We all love what you're doing Proton, I hope you stay as a Mod and keep posting links to cool LW stuff. :bowdown:

Fuzatron
07-19-2003, 03:46 PM
I very much appreciate Mr.Proton. He is a very valuable to any LightWave user... and non-LW users as well :thumbsup:

Facial Deluxe
07-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Time for a kiss :love:

iratethemad
07-19-2003, 05:38 PM
LOL I love this place it's like a soap opera

Love the work you do for all of us proton thanks :applause:

finearts2
07-19-2003, 05:57 PM
I, too would like to thank Proton for ALL the work he has put into making us better at our 3d endevors. Come to Michigan sometime and dinners on me!:)

dark_lotus
07-19-2003, 08:09 PM
simply put, they'd be no lightwave forum without proton.

Bytehawk
07-19-2003, 09:36 PM
ditto

cheers,

hope to meet you someday to make it up

CB_3D
07-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

Proton Rules!!

Jockomo
07-20-2003, 01:33 AM
Proton Rocks! And so does Chuck and the rest of the gang at NewTek!:buttrock:

Rock On:buttrock:

ronaldomiranda
07-20-2003, 02:22 AM
God bless you and your work man!

Wesball
07-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Like I said on the mean thread.

Proton,

I love you man!:love: :love:

battery555
07-20-2003, 02:01 PM
i hope my little encouragement could mean something.
Proton, this community need you! :shrug:

forgive my bad english.:blush:

Chewey
07-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Just good wishes for the upcoming Siggraph event which I'm sure he's currently busy prepping for.

Just wanted to add the obvious, expect this huggy fest to end as soon as LW8's features get released. No matter how cool they may be they're never going to stop the attendant whining and bitching that follows. You've been there and seen it all before.

Abe
07-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Just to say thanks Proton you helped me get LW started,even though you knew I had know experience,and I wont forget it ROCK ON PROTON:thumbsup:

RobertoOrtiz
07-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Proton I hope you have read this thread...

Please ignore the jerks and listen to what the silent mayority
is telling you in this thread.

-R

aurora
07-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Man, I'm upset I did not get a chance to hit this thread earlier. I've said it before and will not miss the chance to say how much I need to thank you Proton. You have always been the driving force in showing us, teaching us, leading us to new ideas, new levels of expertize(sp?), well just about anything that pushes us to be better in LW. Please don't stop now that we are on the verge of a massive and powerful new wave to surf!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.