PDA

View Full Version : Mech Walk Cycle

JosueMariscal
05-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Hey everyone,

This is a walk cycle i've been working on. The rig was downloaded from Kiel Figgins website. I added atmosphere and sound, so the animation does not cycle do to thoughs elements. Either way, let me know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/4696323

Ibeechu
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Before I say this, know that I know almost nothing about animation yet. I know some things, but I've never been trained (that will change in a few days :D)

Anyway, I like how the legs move up slower than coming down. Really gives a sense of weight. However, it looks like the center of gravity should shift later than it really does. For example, while the leg is still going up in the air, the center of gravity shifts towards the "up" leg. I think it should stay over the "down (planted)" leg until the "up" leg starts to be brought down.

I hope that made sense. Though, I might be totally wrong. What you have right now looks really good. Just that thing stood out to me.

JosueMariscal
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Ibeechu,

That makes perfect sence. I squated down and tried to walk like this mech for reference, I started to fall before my foot was going down, which is why I animated it like it is. Perhaps I started falling faster since I was anticpating the fall.

Thanks for the reply

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.