PDA

View Full Version : animation: Jack Nicholson

jeandenis
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
I am working on a lip-sync to Jack Nicholson, it's for the July entry of the 10 second club.

Any feedback is highly appreciated. It's the "Flash your badge" piece at:
the animation page (http://www.jeandenis.net/animation.htm)

Animation/Modeling was done using Maya
The lighting setup w/ the GI Joe script

Thanks a lot
Cheers
Jean-Denis

Stephen Vyas
07-18-2003, 02:16 PM
The intro to the scene seems a bit dead, it's in his eyes. Try having him glance up to whom he's talking to, once or twice while he's brushing himself off and while pointing to where he could be shot at. The ending is really well done, the character truly comes alive right then.
Keep rockin, Good-luck!

Steve

Volker
07-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Great job! Maybe just one crit...

Exagerate the lips a bit more, they just look like they're mumbling.
Maybe it's your morph targets...
~Zach

Rogue
07-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Just got through critiqueing it on CG Char. Although it's within my own post since you asked for me to look at it in there. In hindsight, I should've went to your post and done it. On well, no harm no foul.

It's looking good. Go check within my post on CG char for the crits.

jeandenis
07-18-2003, 06:59 PM
I still have to put in the last shot. You will see a wide shot of him in the tank, looking down at a little cop giving him a ticket because he destroyed the street, that's why he is looking down a lot.

Thanks for the lip feedback. Is the whole dialogue too subtle? I didn't want to exagerate it, except on the "badge".

Any more ideas for the beginning (for his eyes)?

Does anyone think the first hand movement is too close to the belly (silhouette problems)?

Thanks
Jean-Denis

tubby
07-19-2003, 08:48 PM
really good work here, all I can see to critique is maybe camera angle makes the hand look too close to the belly, what if you lifted it just a tad and rotated down so we can see a little of the surface of the area he is brushing. Also, on "flash your badge", the left hand could use a little cleaning up on the curves, theres a little kink on that part. I personally love how sublte the dialog is right now, I wouldn't change it. what if in the beginning you add his eyes looking a little to the left, still down but to the left. Kinda like he's looking and interested in the surface he's about to wipe and looks over the whole area of that surface. just some ideas, nice work.

jeandenis
07-20-2003, 05:06 AM
Hey,

I made some changes to my animation, as always feedback is welcome.

Thanks for the previous feedback.

Cheers
Jean-Denis

jeandenis
07-20-2003, 05:07 AM
... and it's of course at:

Jack Nicholson (http://www.jeandenis.net/animation.htm)

}-{obbes
07-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I think that the lips just look off when he gets to the s for "think for one second...." they just look flat. try sayin that phrase a couple times n feel out how you say it then compare to what you currently have, i think you'll understand what i mean.

jeandenis
07-20-2003, 06:27 PM
You're right, will fix that.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.