PDA

View Full Version : Character animation

AviGra
05-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

Just finished a little exercise in Character animation.
It's my first acting & lips-sinq animation.

I'll very appreciate your criticism.

Click here:
http://avigraiver.com/animationlab/challenge.html
And then click the second button.

Avi

tsol2388
05-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Sweet job, and great dialogue piece hahaha

my only problem in looking at it is it's very (for lack of a better word) jumpy... as in when he's talking on the accents, he's up, he's down, he's up, he's down, he's left, he's right... They're all very broad accents. I think it'd make it stronger and a little less distracting to keep some of them more contained.

Also, I don't like how we lose eye contact with him a lot. Either his helmet or glasses block it. But I think that'd be fixed mostly by just toning down the movements like I suggested.
As far as the hand movements go, they're fine but I'd try and offset them. There's a lot of twinning (i think thats the right word) and they move at the same time, and in the same direction. Just offset them a couple frames and you'll be fine. Love the hand movements when he's frustrated and trying to say animator though. :D

Hope that helps!

AviGra
05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
It helped a lot. Thanks man.

AviGra
05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
I'll upload soon.

tsol2388
05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
can't wait to see the new upload!! :)

AviGra
05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
What do you say now?

(More opinions will be welcome as well)

Thanks!

tsol2388
05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Nice!! I'm really liking what you did to it!

After watching it a couple times, there are only a couple things I notice. I'm having a hard time believing his weight in a couple spots. In the beginning is he rolling on his feet front and back? If so his center of gravity will shift and his torso needs to be moved over it. When he lifts his right foot up to stomp on the ground and to call for mom, he never shifts his weight to the opposite leg. If he were standing like that, he'd topple over :)
The other thing is his feet slide a couple times. A quick fix, but a fix nontheless.

Hope that helps again,
Great job man!

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2009, 06:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.