PDA

View Full Version : A kartoon warrior

jingquanhl
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Definately the kind of elite guard genghis khan had. Anyway, this is as close I come at "painting". I work with lighting (3d) so at least I'm not a complete newbie. ;)

I drew the base in illustrator plus some shading, then export into a bitmap in fireworks and begin to paint (yellow and black) on a new layer with blend mode set to overlay, with the paint tool of course. Finally smudge randomly (or not so) with the smudge tool.

Personal criticisms. The yellow is too...yellow, I could have used something lighter. A lighter outline for the nose, plus more shading there. Left hand is a little broken.

Any advise, critique or comments from the pros are welcome.

http://pixelpretation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/elite.jpg

echom
05-17-2009, 06:58 PM
A wrist watch? Neat! I like that detail. All in all I like the style of this. It's very clean around the top. Just two things stick out to me:
The hands need a bit more work. The feel a little too small, imho. And thaen about his right leg (the left one from the viewer's perspective), I dunno... I see the cloth wraps around it, but it seems a bit strange. Like there's a strange bend in his thigh...

Still a rellay nice piece :D

JoKeRman
05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
It would be hilarious if you made the wristwatch a mini sundial.

RoyalPainter
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
the amor is nice and the facial expression is hilarious.
but i think the hip and lap seem strange and cannot position the knees.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2009, 08:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.