PDA

View Full Version : animation: short handstand test

animatabull
07-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi, this is just a few hours practice and thought I'd stick it up for any crits. It's only a few seconds, quicktime.

handstand (http://www.animatabull.co.uk/handstand2.mov)

PANZER
07-18-2003, 01:33 PM
nice idea to animate a handstand :)
i think quicken the timing when he lands, especially the feet, would be better.(right now it looks like its eased in)
another thing is that when he anticipates, he seems unbalanced, the legs should be in front IMO.
theres also a frame that the palm goes under the ground just before he jumps. think you might change that.

animatabull
07-18-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks, I agree with what you've said there. It was quite hard working out how to position the body because I haven't got any reference to look at and definitely can't do it myself!!:D

Hand going through the floor - how professional :D

Gonna start from scratch on this tonight, make it a bit longer.

CarmineRedrum
07-18-2003, 04:09 PM
I think the balance is great and motion is wonderful until he jumps. In my opinion, in order for him to throw himself like that his head would anticipate backwards, then abruptly tuck into his chest until just before he landed. As he throws his head forward, his back would arch, leaving his feet behind a little, then the motion would hit his feet, and their weight would carry him around. Of course...Ive never seen anyone do what your animating...so this is just how I would imagine it would happen.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.