PDA

View Full Version : Why does "Make Poly Mesh" deform my model?

blh9901
05-17-2009, 05:11 AM
I'm a beginner at ZBrush so this might be a basic question but it's giving me alot of problems and I would really appreciate any help. I'm running through the "Introducing ZBrush" book by Keller. Chapter 5 runs through creating a skull. I've created a beautiful skull via his instructions but now I would like to paint on the skull to make it life like. When I click the "make polymesh" button which I thought was necessary in order to paint, it basically deforms my skull and makes it look like a child's skull. Have I done something wrong? Thank you in advance for any help!

rjmarklew
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM
If you started with a polysphere to make your skull it is already a polymesh. You should be able to polypaint directly on it.

Richard

blh9901
05-18-2009, 12:04 AM
So I can paint on it but half of the skull is "red wax" material and half is "fast shader". Don't know how that happened but I can never completely cover up the red wax color with simple painting. How do I get the skull tool to be the material that I want and then paint the colors that I want on it? What am I forgetting to do? Thank you again for any help!

rjmarklew
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
For video tutorials go here: Video Tutorials (http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/)

Select the 'Getting Started with ZBrush' section.
From the chapters menu select 'Essentials'
Use the small arrows at the bottom to scroll until you get to 'Polypaint'

Richard

blh9901
05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you so much! I figured it was something simple but I just couldn't figre it out on my own! Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.