PDA

View Full Version : EXPOSÉ Update - Printing and SIGGRAPH

Leonard
07-18-2003, 09:29 AM
A quick update to let everyone know that EXPOSÉ (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/expose.html) is currently printing and we are literally working around the clock as the book is on the press to ensure that all the colors are consistent and correct for the entire book. As each plate goes on the press, we are checking the output for color correction and consistency. For everyone involved, EXPOSÉ has been a monumental task and we are almost there. If you haven't already ordered your copy, order it here: https://www.ballisticpublishing.com/store/

EXPOSÉ is being printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster stochastic screen 5 color press. That's right, five colors - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black and Spot Black. The second black ensures that the black pages turn out even and consistent. Once this is done, we're taking the pages and running them through a 2 color press for matte and gloss varnish. The black background will have a matte varnish applied, while the images will have a high gloss coat, punching them out and making the book look like a photo album.

So far, the quality of the pages stacking up is astonishingly good. We're extremely happy with the quality as the result of all the hard work. On Tuesday 22 July, book binding begin and shipping will start being fulfilled as soon as the books are bound, shrink wrapped and ready to go.

SIGGRAPH 2003, San Diego

EXPOSÉ 1 will be on display at SIGGRAPH 2003 at certain booths. This is a preliminary list and we will confirm the SIGGRAPH plan as soon as possible.

Limited Edition - Discreet booth #2836
Standard Edition - Gnomon School of Visual Effects booth #2036

Also look out for the Collectors Cards that we are putting together. 18 cards will be circulating SIGGRAPH at certain booths - make sure you collect all of them! (see below for what the cards look like)

Booths: Maxon, NewTek, Discreet, Gnomon, Boxx Technologies

Photos

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/newsimages/heidelberg_stitch.jpg
The Heidelberg Speedmaster press.

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/newsimages/DSCN0919.jpg
EXPOSÉ pages screaming through the press.

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/newsimages/art_dept.jpg
Mark Snoswell in the art department tweaking the pages.

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/newsimages/DSCN0906.jpg
The EXPOSÉ 1 Collectors Cards. The entire plate is shown here, which
will be cut into the individual cards. These will be at certain
booths at SIGGRAPH 2003. We'll announce the booths on CGTalk.
Make sure you get all 18 of them!

shaangfx
07-18-2003, 09:54 AM
wow this is soo cool !!!:applause: i wanna collect all those cards! but i wishni could go to siggraph!

Shaykai
07-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Gotta catch em all!!!

Icarus
07-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Man, i cant wait for Expose!

From the people who have entered, and the previews that have been posted, this is going to be one awsome book,

Congrats to all who apply'd

TyR-

BeerBelly
07-18-2003, 10:13 AM
I just ordered my hardback copy .. :)

I really can't wait for this book to arrive .. So mutch inspiration on those pages ..

Troll
07-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Is it possible to get your hands on the cards even if you (or me if you like) dont go to SIGGRAPH?

its still a really friggin great job. i cant wait to get the limited edition in my mail:buttrock: :thumbsup:

blasphemy3_d
07-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I won´t be able to go to SIGGRAPH 2003 (:cry: :banghead: ). All I have read about the event is great.... Thousand of artist in their own sauce.... Don´t need to mention the jobs oportunities.....

Could we (exiled people) get these cards any way???

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME and congrats the entire Exposé team. It is a great work.

I think that next year the battle for Exposé 2 will be, at least, funny :buttrock: :buttrock:

SimonReeves
07-18-2003, 01:40 PM
yey:thumbsup:

Gentle Fury
07-18-2003, 01:56 PM
grumble, this makes me even sadder that im not gonna be able to go this year!! Its not even a matter of being able to afford it this year, im just not gonna be able to get the week off :(

Save me a card guys!

And i'll see ya next year in LA!

fretshredder
07-18-2003, 03:08 PM
*patiently waits for his book to arrive*

:drool:

Outstanding!

/gz

Etchy
07-18-2003, 03:23 PM
could also be cool if all those collector cards could be as they are on the picture and be like a poster..

Is it posible? and could it be included in the packet with my book??

would be cool..

Etchy :cool:

LoTekK
07-18-2003, 05:13 PM
*sniff* Yet another reason to be disappointed about not being able to make it to SIGGRAPH. :( The cards look awesome, and congrats in advance to people who manage to get their hands on one or some (or all!) of them. :)

The black background will have a matte varnish applied, while the images will have a high gloss coat
Expose is sounding better and better with each passing day. I can't wait to get my LE copy. :)

CDS
07-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Very Slick guys....Looks great. Ahhhh the press, nothing like seeing it run. Congratulations, and Well done.

ZVAN
07-18-2003, 07:52 PM
wow collectors card... when i can get one of those?

dmeyer
07-18-2003, 09:32 PM
:sad:

No Expose in time for Siggraph?

Limbus
07-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Great news! I cant wait to get it in my hands.

Thanks for all the effort! :buttrock:

ElysiumGX
07-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Yay! I just ordered mine. So when do the submissions for next year's begin?:applause:

Baal
07-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Can't wait to get that book in the mail, it's gonna be awesome ! Thank you for providing us with the first ever book dedicated to digital artists... with such high quality !

SEPHROTH64
07-20-2003, 12:22 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! =D

MindShell
07-20-2003, 12:56 PM
i want a machine and a studio that can do that.... oh well maybe one day.

ScottJenkins
07-21-2003, 07:07 AM
Can I pick up my copy at Siggraph?

Leonard
07-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ScottJenkins
Can I pick up my copy at Siggraph?

No, they're being fedex'd out from the warehouse here. We can't bring that many books to SIGGRAPH due to the weight of the books. 30 books is already 30 kilos.

Leo

edmundw
07-21-2003, 07:53 AM
I believe most of the expose buyer arent able to get hold of the Collectors Cards... Is it possible to include some of the cards in the expose book just to compensate those who cant afford a trip to Siggraph?? :buttrock: :buttrock: Just a suggestion... :D

OZ
07-21-2003, 09:53 AM
ARF!:drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.