PDA

View Full Version : Couple Of Questions (Noob To ZBRush

fusedgore
05-16-2009, 04:18 AM
I am primarlay a maya user and i was wondering about a few things in terms for ZBrush if you guys dont mind answering .

1 _ Should i uv map and smooth my models before i export and then import to Zbrush .

2 If i dont UV Map or smooth and since smoothing or Sb Deviding in Zbrush really adds allot of poly's how hard will it be to uv map a model

3 Does doing some simple sculpting in zbrush really add polys or does it push and pull poly's rather than adding more polygons

ArticSpider
05-16-2009, 05:27 AM
I am primarlay a maya user and i was wondering about a few things in terms for ZBrush if you guys dont mind answering .

1 _ Should i uv map and smooth my models before i export and then import to Zbrush .

You can UV MAP anytime doesn't matter when.

2 If i dont UV Map or smooth and since smoothing or Sb Deviding in Zbrush really adds allot of poly's how hard will it be to uv map a model

Don't quite understand the wording of your question, but you can UV in Zbrush.

3 Does doing some simple sculpting in zbrush really add polys or does it push and pull poly's rather than adding more polygons

yes it adds polys but also pushs and pulls depending on brush used.

fusedgore
05-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the reply and the help .

On the second question i ask about the uv mapping because if i sub devide the mesh in zbrush to smooth it and to get better results it adds allot of poly's and thats going to be very time consuming to uv map .Is there an easier way to do it .Also when i do my sculpting in zbrush then import back into maya i dont always see the results that i did .Does that mean the mesh has issues or am i just not sculpting enough .Meaning like if i add wrinkles to pants or something they dont always show up well in maya .

ArticSpider
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
You will only need to uv map your project once. As you increase the subdivision level and add details the UV map stays the same as long as you didn't drastically reshape your object.

As for Zbrush to Maya transfer, it all depends on how you exported out of zbrush, using maps to display or the level you export it at as the actual mesh. Each will have a unique look that even I am still exploring.

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.