PDA

View Full Version : particle rendeing problem

h0tice
07-18-2003, 03:45 AM
hi to all,

we have here an animated character that has an attached emiters on it, one particle is an instanced paint effects curve and the other particle is a cloud particle, we rendered it and the first framelooks good but the preceeding frames rendered in black and white the white ones are the rendered particles, why is this happening, is there any issue in maya linux when rendering particles?

any help is much appreciated.

thanx

:)

gmask
07-18-2003, 03:49 AM
Instanced paint FX curves are a nono :shame:

Di doyu run a particle cache first before rendering?

h0tice
07-18-2003, 08:08 AM
yupp, the problem gets even worse after creating a particle disk cache when i enabled it the particles disappeared, what the heck is going on????:banghead: :cry:

stallion151
07-20-2003, 10:28 AM
i get the same problem too with the particles disappearing, haven't bothered working it out though...put that down to sheer lazyinezz....

:blush:

so_hi
07-21-2003, 08:55 PM
I would like to help you but I am having a hard time understanding what your issues is. I think you should post a pic of the messed up render. May help people help you. The one question I will ask though are you and do you have to render the two particle systems together? The two systems interacting in the render maybe your problem. The other thing I might suggest is rendering the paint effects curve as a sprite and rendering with the hardware render buffer. I don't know the effect you are trying to achieve but this will save time and most likely give you the same effect.

E.

h0tice
07-23-2003, 03:45 AM
we just deleted the instanced paint effects curve and have one emitter only and same result here is one of the pic: the particle is from the ski of the character. as you can see it is black and white only the character were not rendered, only the particle cloud.

thanx for the replies

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.