PDA

View Full Version : HEROPHOBIA needs teammembers

Waywyn
07-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Hello cg-forum :) ,

i am waywyn and pretty new to the forum, so i first want to introduce myself. i am sounddesigner and composer from germany and i am living near frankfurt...i am earning my money for about 2 years as a professional sounder.

but now i wanna come to the point...

i am looking for a team for my game-project "HEROPHOBIA"
first of all, there is no budget and no contract or whatever. it's just my concept and me, looking for interested people. but if there will be a publisher or another chance to release it, i would not say no :)

the game concept is explained pretty fast.
the player can create a creature and battles against other creatures. there will be exp and money after the battle to support and raise the creature. also i have concepts about items and special stuff. during the battle, the player can move the camera around and control the beltbags, which the monster has on his belt, filled up with special stuff like elixiers and stuff.

if you are interested, please contact me under info@herophobia.com

i need:
2x grafik and model-guys
1x skinner
and 2x coders
1x concept painter, artist, drawer, designer ... whatever

if you are not interested, save your negative critics or posts about bad market and no-future-situations

edit: i forgot to mention something really important...
the game will be played over an online server and i have a 5 page concept written out (still not really perfect but you will see what i want

i forgot to introduce myself a little bit more: i am the sound effects and music-composer guy and i had this idea about this game :)

Waywyn
07-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Hiho,

here is a little update of my project, just wanna show you some ideas and stuff about the game. please keep in mind, that i am NOT a designer, modeler or skribbler. these pics are just ideas out of my mind to make it visible to you guys.

this is the town where the player starts his game and spends the first days or weeks to buy stuff and visits the first little arena to fight against other players :)

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/stuff/town.jpg

Waywyn
07-24-2003, 02:53 PM
hello forum, here is another shot of the little world the game should take place. like i said above. its all concept work, not really finished stuff used in the game. just ideas...for the final stuff integrated in the game i need you guys :)

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/stuff/map.jpg

Phreakan3D
07-27-2003, 03:54 AM
id be willing to do the gui for you, menu's etc.

Waywyn
07-27-2003, 03:02 PM
hey phreakan, thx for your reply.
already threw you an email.

the team is growing already and the coder started to some first work, also i setup a forum to discuss the steps we have to do :)

Phreakan3D
07-27-2003, 09:40 PM
and where is the forum? :p

Waywyn
07-27-2003, 09:47 PM
you got mail :)

our 3d modeler has made the first design of the herophobia homepage, sure there is not really something to see, but i hope that will change soon.

i look forward to setup the page tonight, but dont expect too much about the content :)

Rotamus
07-28-2003, 03:32 PM
would love to involed
modellin
texturin

e-mail me some ideas or somethin .. i like the idea behind the game

Rotamus@hotmail.com
:p

Waywyn
08-07-2003, 02:58 PM
hey rotamus,

i sent you an email long ago, probably you are on vacation or something because there was no reply yet...hope you are still there and interested :)

fast4ry
08-14-2003, 09:27 PM
im spanish,im interested.tradicional painting and 3d modeller and animator in 3ds.

Waywyn
08-14-2003, 10:23 PM
okay, the HEROPHOBIA page is online. i just waited a while to get some first sketches and images, that its not too empty ;)

please remember we have just started this project but i am sure there will be a lot of more stuff later in the media section ;)

here is the url: HEROPHOBIA (http://www.herophobia.com)

maybe somebody is still interested to join the team, i would be very happy and we still have some places to be seated ;)

@fastf4y: we already mailed ;)

greetz
waywyn

Waywyn
08-14-2003, 10:32 PM
and here is just a modelling sketch of the pub from the Town of Sharthak

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/art/tpub.jpg

and another skribble for several building ideas

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/art/tsketch.jpg

Waywyn
08-17-2003, 12:45 AM
okay, after we had some sketches for the eyes...

here is a sketch for the ears. its a part of the world theme and just played with acoustic guitar...nothing else...
later on the melody will overtaken from a whole orchestra...

have a listen ;)

Acoustic Guitar - Theme of Worldmusic (http://www.gitarrenlicks.de/mp3/akugit.mp3)

Nostradamus
08-17-2003, 10:11 PM
wow i must say that, it is surely some amazing guitar stuff :)

Waywyn
08-25-2003, 02:26 AM
hiho together,

finally a nice team has formed but we still in the need of a good 3d modeler, skinners and animators...

to show you some new current stuff:

the worldmusic is in progress, so here is a newer version of the theme, when you walk through the world of nilmarth :)

The World of Nilmarth (mp3) (http://www.gitarrenlicks.de/mp3/nilmarth1.mp3)

and a quick shot of the fire creature - water, air, earth and arcane creatures are already in progress...

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/images/media/fire.jpg

Waywyn
08-25-2003, 02:31 AM
and another quick render of the training center:

http://www.gamesounddesign.com//herophobia/images/media/thumbtrain.jpg

Waywyn
08-28-2003, 02:09 AM
and here is another update on the world theme:

still not finished, but soon ;)

World Theme - HEROPHOBIA (http://www.gitarrenlicks.de/mp3/nilmarth2.mp3)

i will post some new sketches as soon as they are finished.

dex_rEvolution
08-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Would definately be interested. 3D Modeler(Weapons/Characters). (No texturing).

dex_rEvolution@hotmail.com :eek:

johaneskurnia
09-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Hey, am I late?

Waywyn
09-01-2003, 11:19 AM
right in the moment we have 3 sketchers and 3 modlers, but it depends on what you are doing or want to work on... :)

johaneskurnia
09-02-2003, 02:54 AM
I like the story concept, i sketch and model - specialization in character. my email is johaneskurnia@yahoo.com, I'm in Indonesia, so I guess this gonna be another long-distance project that I involved to.

Waywyn
09-02-2003, 05:43 PM
hmm, i think in the moment we are, like i posted above, three modelers and sketcher...i think four would be a little too much, so i guess i could tell you if somebody is leaving from the team, but i think the guys are pretty interested at the moment...

thats all i can say, i think four will be a little too much :hmm:

johaneskurnia
09-03-2003, 02:48 AM
Yeah, ok, maybe next time

Waywyn
10-09-2003, 11:51 AM
hey guys,

there has been a lot of work done in the last weeks. all the arenas has been concepted and the first model of one of the creatures has been modeled.

its just a first model, so there will some edits like the lenght of the legs and stuff...

http://www.gamesounddesign.com/herophobia/art/arcy1.jpg

and here comes my next question. we are still in the need of a good texturer. so i want to ask you guys if there is somebody among you who wants to do the creatures and buildings.

i dont wanna post the forum full of screenshots, so maybe you visit www.herophobia.com and look to the media section or contact me directly under info@herophobia.com
then i can send you some more details or send you pics or whatever you need :)

currently we have sketchers, modelers, one animator and a music and sfx guy (me) :)

SnoWmOnsTeR
10-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey,
I'm very intereseted in Skinning, possibly modelling. I still need to purchase Max 5.1 :blush: I was working off of a training version. I'm a proficient modeller and skinner and I would love to take part in this. Drop me a line.

funk_master17@hotmail.com

Thanx!

Waywyn
10-13-2003, 02:08 PM
right as we speak,
our creature modeler told me, that he has no time anymore to work on the project, so i maybe ask again for a modeler who feels well to do the creature stuff like shown above...

we already have a lot of sketches and shots but we are now in the need of a really cool modeler.

i would be very happy to hear from you...because there is already a lot of turnaround sketches just waiting to get translated into 3d "lifeforms" :)

GavinG
10-16-2003, 12:02 AM
I'd be happy to animate for you, i have training in 2D animation (to aid my 3d) XSI and am learning Maya.

Gimmie an e-mail if you'd like gavin@innersaga.com

Thanks,
Gav

Waywyn
11-04-2003, 08:37 PM
okay after finding some other cool people, we still need some modelers :)

in the meantime, here is the story of herophobia:

HEROPHOBIA
- Story -

In the year 8976, after 90% of mankind was destroyed during the biggest nuclear, biological and chemical war ever, planet earth was completely deformed and nature was no longer nature as we know it.

The whole planet looked like a wounded football kicked by a thousand feet and wouldn’t anymore remind of the surface which once lasts over a million of years.

The surface of each continent was the result of a cruel transformation caused by all the weapons and dangerous machines mankind researched over the years and finally used in this ultimate last war, known as the “Total Apocalypse”.

In Europe deep valleys were punched into the ground and huge mountains raised out of the earth and made the whole continent look like the inside of a bursted tree which was blown away by a lightning.

In Africa, the destruction just ripped the earth apart and excavated a big source of lava. The whole continent which was known for desert sands and a lifegiving woodforest, was now a big piece of earth covered with ash and dust containing a big sea filled with the “red and hot blood of the earth”.

Australia was literally swallowed away by the oceans and the whole continent was flooded with water. Just hills and higher located places looked out of the big aquarium.

Both continents of America lost a big amount of landmass but the two continents seemed like fused together to a big mass of earth and dust.

Asia was just brave and strong, like once Atlas carrying the globe on his shoulders. The whole asian surface withstanded the attacks, explosions and abrasions. Unfortunately the most people here died of biological and chemical weapon use and the tracigally lost souls of millions of humans just gathered here, which makes the surface of asia looks like a mysterious, lifeless and haunted place of spirits.

Due to the horrible damage, mankind caused to planet earth, Mother Nature was sad and she no longer saw a reason to further stay on this mutilated piece of mass, once called Earth.

In the hope that the survived remains of mankind will learn and improve out of this big massacre, Mother Nature extracted the basic elements out of herself and divided them up to the survived humans on the different continents.

She gave the element of air to europe, the element of fire to africa, the element of earth to america, the element of water to australia and the last element, the element of arcane structure and origin of all living on earth to the continent of asia. Before she prepared her long and sad journey into the universe, she told the people that the elements would help them to better handle the climatic and living conditions on each continent. Then, Mother Nature left planet earth – forever.

The new living conditions on Planet Earth made it hard for the people to survive, so more and more people died, but when the first child was born into this new chaos, they knew what has changed. Every new baby was not born as a pure human being but a creature mixed with the elements Mother Nature gave to the people from the different continents.

The first baby who was born in Europe was a creature of the air element.

The first one in Africa was born as a creature of fire.

The first baby who was born in Australia was a creature of water.

The first born in America was a fire creature

and a creature of arcane structure was first born in asia.

Allthough the creatures looked very strange and seemed like an error of nature or a misfit caused by the “Total Apocalypse”, mankind recognized really fast, that each following child who was born into the “New World” received new abilities and life-advantages by the elements which mother nature gifted to the human race.

It seemed that this new creatures, who were with no doubt, the further evolution of the human race and they had it really easy to integrate and live on the distorted new world. So the people knew that they had received the chance from Mother Earth to go on with life on Planet Earth but mankind had one big price to pay – the human race as we know it - has stopped to exist.

A thousand years later – planet earth, now known as “Natura” regenerated very well and the creatures of the elements respected Nature and decided to never again develop weapons and deadly engines which once led to the Total Apocalypse. If there would be a war or conflict again, they would never use nuclear, biological or chemical weapons again.

Also the creatures numbers raised and they felt more and more to live and develop on Natura.

The Air Creatures of Europe, known as the Aeropeans had it easy to live in cliffy regions, high mountains and were able to cover short routes by air.

The Fire Creatures from Africa, known as the Pyrofricans were able to live with great temperatures and were resistant against fire for a short time.

The Water Creatures from Australia, known as the Aqualians, felt most comfortable in water surroundings and had he ability to stay under water for a much longer time than usual humans.

The Earth Creatures from America, now known as the Humucan, lived in dry and desertlike regions and were able to survive a long time without water.

The Arcane Creatures of Asia, now known as the Arcasians, were very fine and smooth beings. They have no physical advantages but it is told that they have great arcane knowledge and power they would use very wisely.

Then, one day, during and (Ausgrabung) in Europe, the Aeorpean explorers found a cave with a corridor which led deep into the inner earth. At the end of the long corrdidor which almost had the lenght of a 100 miles, they found a bigger room with an old wooden door at the end of it.

The room was covered with a lot of signs and cryptic symbols written in an old language. Behind the wooden door they found a deep well, but there was nothing inside than darkness. Also it seemed that the well had no ground and led even deeper towards the core of the planet. The wisest creatures of all continents came together and it took almost one year to encrypt the symbols and signs and finally they came to the result that some of the insigns were kind of a big and complicated instruction to activate the well behind the wooden door. Some of the other symbols explained the function of the well:

The well seemed to be a portal to another world, called “Nilmarth”. If you would go through the portal you would never have the chance to come back to “Natura”, but as far as the insigns describe, there would be no fear and no need to come back, because life on “Nilmarth” would be better and more beautiful than anything seen on this planet here.
Also a lot of pictures about arenas and other places were shown within other mystic symbols, but it wasn’t completely clear...also they found a word, which meant something like HEROPHOBIA. It wasn’t clear what this means, but they explained it in relation to the arenas which seem to play a big role on “Nilmarth”.

If there was a description on planet Earth about the life and the land of “Nilmarth”, it was obvious that there was somebody who came back to planet earth after visiting “Nilmarth”

Also the explorers found evidence that they wouldn’t be the first beings, using the portal. They found a lot of scratches and traces on the well and also on the door. Probably the first tries to open the door and discovering the well.

After the creatures activated the portal, by mixing a special potion and pouring it into the empty well, it slowly started to fill with glowing water, which seems to contain all elements at once.

To use the portal in the right way now, you need to dive into the well as deep as you can and if you run out of air, it’s just on your belief that the process of transportation would occur after you went unconcious. But now it’s on you to find out.

mindless
11-05-2003, 08:18 AM
:wip: Hey Waywyn i'd like to model for your project, 4 years of x-pirience in 3dsmax, currently working on r5. I got some things done, at http:\\3dmindgame.hit.bg although it hasn't been updated for like centuries. I'm from Bulgaria :beer: whaddyasay?

The storyline sounds quite cool :love: , i'd love to see what we could make of it.

Waywyn
11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
server seems dowm :( i try it later...

Waywyn
11-19-2003, 08:42 PM
server still down:

okay a new try, we are really a beautiful team finally. we have a lot of people working on this game project and i know this is going to be a really huge one.

but we still dont have a creature modeler.

i know this doesnt sound good, but we DO NEED very expercienced modelers and nobody who just downloaded a copy of 3dsmax and did a two weeks tutorial read.

we are all really experienced and all more or less professionals. i will do everthing to let this game to come alive and we have the best opportunities to let this one be a really cool and huge project. please email me or if you have questions, i would be glad to help you and answer it.

here is another pic from our sketcher ad-i :)

http://www.home.pon.net/aln/arena_tomb2.jpg

Waywyn
11-19-2003, 08:50 PM
and here is a finished picture of the earth creature.
for this kind of creatures we need a modeler...

i am sorry for posting this picture again. nova already posted it on art, but i doesnt want to post a link, so people might get confused or so...

http://membres.lycos.fr/fredconv/mes%20images/waywn/earth%20creature%20litlle.jpg

if you feel able to model this kind of cool stuff please feel free to contact me :)

nerinho
11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
:thumbsup: that's really nice!!

here's a thought: How about some Testplayers?? hmm .. maybe me :p

Ok seriously, I've been playing guitar for 'bout 6 years now, so here' some critique: the guitar-song on your website is imho too rough. remember Diablo1 - the song when you're in town?! Gives you a melancolic feeling. Try playing it softer - melody is quite nice so far.
The orchestral song is great, no complaints there :buttrock:

ad-i's pic of a maya-temple: great style, can't wait for more. Anyway, one little thing that bothers me is the circle on the ground at the right bottom. The perspective doens't look right to me.

The first born in America was a fire creature

hmm, think you meant "earth creature" ;)

keep on - you guys are doing great, can't wait for more

btw. please do not comment my lame english, I'm working on it....

Waywyn
11-21-2003, 02:06 PM
oh eagle eyes :) thxs :)

the guitar piece on the page is just an excerpt from the orchestral piece. i play guitar for about 14 years ;) so i just took it from the orchestral piece and put a little extra reverb on it... using nails is my style :) thats why it's rough...

okay thx for all your comments and your interest, i will let you know when we go to alpha phase. but i guess we will need some time to get there, but we will do it !!!

Waywyn
12-03-2003, 01:04 AM
a little update sketch on the arcane creature...

what should i do to get a good 3d modeler who wants to work for this cool project, what should i do to or which information do you need to convince you to work with this beautiful team :) *onmyknees*

http://www.soulsliver.de/arcane.jpg

Waywyn
01-09-2004, 08:25 AM
long time, no post :)

we are still in the need of some people, except modelers and sketchers...

so it would be cool if you are interested to get in contact with me. at most we need a lead animator and a building and environment texturer...

here is an update pic of a new building:
this is the tower were the surgeon lives in town, he will be there to omplant cyber and bioware to the player creatures
http://members.lycos.co.uk/xaya/surgeon1.jpg

of course we have a lot of more stuff ready, i will post some from time to time to let you know that the project is not dead or dying :)

Waywyn
01-11-2004, 06:05 PM
here is another pic of a building which will be for the town...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xaya/bank2.jpg
this is the bank building to store the values safely.

Waywyn
01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
and here is a rough model of the air creature.

http://jdh.png3d.com/char_strip3.jpg

Waywyn
01-11-2004, 06:17 PM
and here are some update features of the game and a quick overview of what you can do.

- create a creature out of the 5 elements (air, water, earth, earth, arcane and individualize it like you want it

- discover a world full of misteries

- find treasures and other valuable items

- fight in arenas against the other creatures living in the world

- buy houses and lock them, there could be a robbery ;)

- gather with other creatures to be a gang

- hide in shadow and spy for other creatures going on treasure-exploration

- buy items for your beltbag and use them in the fights

- learn special moves and use them during the arena fights. each creature has individual moves

- maybe there will be a raid of a dark race to roam the land, be a hero and gather with other creatures to defend the town.

- visit 6 different arenas and win over other creatures

if you are interested to help out, plz contact me under: info@herophobia.com

greetz
waywyn

trance_dom
01-11-2004, 10:58 PM
yeah i could model kewl creatures like....or texture them...could you send me a pic of an unwrap..i'll give a try...:)

Waywyn
01-13-2004, 07:01 PM
here is another picture of the of the new training center...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xaya/camp1.jpg

it will be there to help the creatures to distribute their experience points to the different skills

@trance_dom: hey, i wrote you an email, hope you got it :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.