PDA

View Full Version : Final Rig [Download]

Radiant Square
07-17-2003, 11:43 PM
http://radiantsquare.com/images/external/FianalRigBanner.gif

Final Rig is an automated production level rigging solution
by Radiant Square (http://www.radiantsquare.com)

Features Overview:
- Template Character Guides - for quick fitting within model.
- Full support of non symmetrical characters.
- Mirror and Global Scale Functions.
- Control over number of joints (neck, back, fingers, tail and wings).
- FK/IK arm setup with quick (one button) matching and switching.
- Stretchable arms and legs for dynamic an cartoony characters.
- Flexible back system with 100% independent hip and shoulder movement.
- Various automated controls for hands and feet.
- Body auto positioning option.
- Simplified one button skinning.
- Full character GUI and Controls for easy poseing and manipulation.

Druckmann, Emanuel - Character T.D. and Rig Concept
Shehata, Ahmed - Lead Programmer and UI Design
Sanint, Alvaro - Programmer and UI Design

modi
07-18-2003, 03:53 AM
wow, looks cool, but i cound't get it to work, when i click create character setup it totally gets tweaked, the arms and legs snap to the origin. i can't get it to work.

cloudtrix
07-18-2003, 04:44 AM
Hey Modi,

Make sure that your unit size is set to centimeters.

EmEy

modi
07-18-2003, 05:07 AM
i do have it on cms , i still can't get it to work, it looks so cool, i wanna see it work, helpppp!!

cloudtrix
07-18-2003, 05:39 AM
Modi,

Sound like you have some bad prefs. Back them up and remove them. Then try it.

Keep in mind that if you lose your prefs all your custom shelfs, buttons etc will be gone.

-e

FistsOfCurry
07-18-2003, 05:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/kevino/marco.jpg

modi
07-18-2003, 07:32 AM
thanx cloudtrix, that worked, i wonder whats bad in my prefs.

rob-beddall
07-18-2003, 11:48 AM
hey!!
i just sent an email to Radiant square asking the same thing but i thought i would ask herer too....

does this final rig thing work with maya 4 unlimited?

or is it just for V.5?

cheers!!

cloudtrix
07-18-2003, 05:06 PM
It works on 4.5 and 5.0 not on 4.0

-e

FistsOfCurry
07-18-2003, 07:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/kevino/marco.jpg

cloudtrix
07-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Hi FistsOfCurry

I apologize for missing your earlier post.

The information submitted by registered users will be kept private and will only be used to keep you updated on new versions of Final Rig and/or other scripts available on our site only.

Let me also express that Final Rig is being offered for free and is the product of a few months of hard work.

We are planning on removing some of the fields and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann
Character T.D. - Rig Concept and Design

dmcgrath
07-18-2003, 10:29 PM
I personally don't mind the information page. As long as it doesn't end up in the wrong hands. Thinking of how much work was put into the creation of this product, it's not a huge deal to me. Say someone used this setup without crediting the authors, and they made money off of it. It wouldn't be very nice.

I haven't had time to look at it yet but I really look forward to it. It seems like a pretty nice product.

:beer:

jimarse
07-18-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm having a prob getting this to work in the PLE. I emailed Radiant Square, but thought someone here might know: Is FinalRig incompatible with the PLE, or have I just installed incorrectly.

Ta very much.

cloudtrix
07-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Final Rig has not been tasted on PLE.
As far as I know PLE has many limitations and missing Maya features that would prevent FR from working on it.

I will download PLE and test it to see if anything can be done.

EmEy

leif3d
07-19-2003, 02:00 AM
I've played with it for about 5 hours these 2 days and I think it's an awsome script.... I encountered a lot of problems in the beggining of the setup ...but once you get a hang of it, the UI becomes very user friendly....I love the stretchy "everything" setup...very cool for cartoony animations....and the ik/fk matching setup is pretty revolutionary...at least I haven't seen it before ..... I can be wrong.... overall a very cool script....hope they post tutorials for it soon....congrats to the makers!...good thing it's free.....

Tuqui-tuqui
07-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Downloaded the rig. I'm going to animate during the weekend with it and see if it breaks. I'll post a movie with the results :p

leif3d
07-19-2003, 03:07 AM
I'll try to post the animations I've done over the weekend....keep us posted Tuqui-tuqui.....:beer:

Firas
07-19-2003, 08:11 AM
ok ... i said somewhere in cgtalk .. that FinalRig is very cool... but i wonder why we cannt switch off the back stretch .. the color change is nice .. but even .. sometime we dont need the streatch at all.

:applause: :applause:

CharacterTD
07-19-2003, 04:42 PM
yeah!!!,It's so cool!!!!

The best autorig mel I ever see!!!!

THeadle
07-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Although I have not played with it that much, I have great intentions in doing so - I personally think that this is the first step in what is sure to be a LONG NEEDED maya tool. It kinda reminds me of a MOTIONBUILDER-like configuration.

If the community stays with this and contributes in the same spirit as the generous authors, Final Rig could become an integral part of maya animation.

I can't thank you guys enough for this incredable tool - well done!

Cheers x10 :)

Tuqui-tuqui
07-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Has anyone else tried this rig? I want to see what you guys think of it because so far it is getting positive reviews :eek:

07-21-2003, 07:44 AM
I played with it for a bit and emailed some feedback. I recieved a response within 24 hours; not bad at all for a free MEL tool. In fact I'll daresay downright impressive.

What I like about it is the simplicy and yet the incridible amount of functionality it holds. You can hit just about any pose you can imagine without having to beat your head in a wall.
Some things I missed was an IK/FK switch and the ability to match the FK to an IK position. And of course the ability to arbitrarily pin things anywhere I so desire. I'd love to see this in action. Even if its unstable, just to see that maya can do it will truly impress me.
Gimble lock appears to still be a problem but what can you do with the current core arch of maya. At any rate its easy enough to work around for now.

Anyway this is the first autorigger I've seen that gets my attention. Heres hoping for a bright future.

A wishlist for now:

Pinable IK on any arbitrary point in the skeleton (or at least shoulders,wrists,hips,knees,feet)

Some canned controls for the wings; though may not be feasible given the vast ways this could be done.

Quadroped support.

I myself am going to continue to play with it and submit feedback.

cloudtrix
07-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey Boys and Girls,

Just wanted to let all of you know that 'Final Rig' has more then 1000 registered downloads since its introduction on Thursday.

Thank you all, for the positive response and feedback.

Cheers,

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann
Radiant Square

P.S.
Let's see some animations!
:wavey:

viper_07
07-21-2003, 05:57 PM
PINNABLE control is the final destiny of Computer puppeteering!!!

really hope it can be implemented in Final RIG !!!!!!

the3DBEAST
07-22-2003, 02:00 AM
I REALLY LIKE THIS SCRIPT!!

i am having some problems tho. I am following the online documentation, but still having problems.

I create my guides and that works fine, then go to LINK TO SETUP to create my character setup and when i create CREATE CHARACTER SETUP it gives me this error:

Error: Not allowed to set attribute 'currentDisplayLayer' to that value. No display layer has number '22'.

After you click CREATE CHARACTER SETUP it is suppose to take you to the LINK TO CONTROLS tab, but its not working...i dont know how to fix it either. Anyone having this problem or know how to fix it? thanx everyone!

the3DBEAST
07-22-2003, 02:08 AM
Nevermind, i fixed that....now, how to you delete the body shape that it creates and can i import a character that I have created into this and use it??

Jozvex
07-22-2003, 02:44 AM
the3DBeast: When you're creating the rig there was the option to not have the "Dummy Boxes". I think that removes the objects.

And yes of course you can use your own models with it! That's the point!

This really does seem fantastic after only 10 minutes of playing around with it! If you could include (like 1000101 said) IK matching and FK/IK switching during animation, it'd be fantastic!

:thumbsup:

leif3d
07-22-2003, 02:58 AM
There is ik/fk switching and matching....there's actually a button for it.....very easy to use....look in the docs:beer:

Jozvex
07-22-2003, 03:43 AM
Hehe yes I know.

But you can only match the IK to the FK, not visa versa. And you can't animate the FK/IK switching to my knowledge.

leif3d
07-22-2003, 03:44 AM
you're right....I don't know about that keying issue though....I'll give them an e-mail

Radiant Square
07-22-2003, 04:24 AM
Guys

You can set keyframes on the FK_IK_Switch attribute on the hand control curve, look it up

have fun.

ahmed

radiantsquare team

swag
07-22-2003, 04:43 AM
is there a way to setup character not in the T-position

leif3d
07-22-2003, 07:23 AM
nope.....Hopefully they'll add it....:beer:

the3DBEAST
07-22-2003, 11:38 AM
im in love....this is the best script i have ever seen! i cant wait to get off work so i can come home and play with this some more! THIS ROX!

ngrava
07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
WOW~! This is excellent! I love it. I love the stretchy limbs. That's what does it for me. Plus the ease of selecting. I've been playing with it for a few hours. Now, I think it's fine as it is but here (of course) are two suggestion:

I would love to be able to enter negative extremes with some of the 'panel only' controlled items like the fingers, heal toe and that sort of stuff. It seems like you guys choose some pretty good limits as it is but I think there are always going to be people wanting to push the rig past that. I'd love to be able to roll the thumb and index finger back in negative values.

The second thing is that I've always hated Pole Vectors for knee and elbows because I don't like having to keep track of were there are. So, I'm wondering if there isn't someway to implement a "Twist" control that might in turn rotate the PV about the central axis of the arm/leg?

Thanks for making my day,

-=GB=-

Count_Zr0
07-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by the3DBEAST
I REALLY LIKE THIS SCRIPT!!

i am having some problems tho. I am following the online documentation, but still having problems.

I create my guides and that works fine, then go to LINK TO SETUP to create my character setup and when i create CREATE CHARACTER SETUP it gives me this error:

Error: Not allowed to set attribute 'currentDisplayLayer' to that value. No display layer has number '22'.

After you click CREATE CHARACTER SETUP it is suppose to take you to the LINK TO CONTROLS tab, but its not working...i dont know how to fix it either. Anyone having this problem or know how to fix it? thanx everyone!

I too am having this error.

3DBeast how did you fix it? I nuked my preferences as a test and it worked. But I cannot function these days without my preferences so I am hoping there is a way to get it to work without starting from scratch with preferences or somebody can nail down exactly what preference is causing the script to go buggy.

Thanks for your time, team,

-Count_Zr0

magilla
07-23-2003, 12:21 AM
I also get this
Error: Not allowed to set attribute 'currentDisplayLayer' to that value. No display layer has number 'xx'.
If I try to build the rig in a file that has previously had layers - I just copy my mesh into a new file and start from scratch, I'm sure there is an easier way around this.
Another problem is with the hand/finger placement:
I spent a while positioning all the finger spheres only to find that it ignores these when it builds the rig. I have to 'flatten' out my mesh to match the bones. Any chance of this being fixed?
I don't have net access on the machine I'm using it from so I don't have any help files - could there possibly be a pdf to download?
Also, a button that selects the binding bones would be cool!
I particularly like the way the sdk's for the fingers are additive not destructive.

--magilla

the3DBEAST
07-23-2003, 01:25 AM
QUESTION:

1. Is there a way to move joints once you create them? they dont seem to always go in the place i need them too.

2. I have a character I am trying to rig that has an INVERSE knee, (bird legs) I cant seem to make this work?? Any suggestions?

no_to_co
07-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Looks like an awesome tool.

Unfortunately :sad:the dual root/skeleton setup makes it unusable in a video-game work environment. Is there a way to change it so that it generates one single skeleton to which the skin is bound?

Otherwise, this is an excellent script.
:thumbsup:

modi
07-23-2003, 03:13 AM
i had the same problem with the prefs, i copied my prefs , deleted it , ran final rig, copied back my prefs and ran final rig again, it woked fine. Dunno whats the cause. I love this script. A few add ons would be cool, heres my wish list :
1 shift selcting in the UI
2 more controls over positioning the control points for unique and interesting models.
3 Quadruped setup
4 a control for the head , theres just one control for the head and neck as of now.
5 pickwalking
6 FK/IK switch for legs

cloudtrix
07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
We know about the display layer error. It seems that on specific files when Final Rig templates the joints and reference the boxes Maya does not let it and generates the error.
We have removed that feature until we can fully understand what is causing this. We will release a new version by the end of the week.
Please note that on this version the user will have to template the joints and reference the guides.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann,
Radiant Square

cloudtrix
07-23-2003, 04:52 PM
We will offer an alternate back setup (single chain) in a future version.

We are also planning to release a set of guides that are pre set for different type of characters/animals.

Let us know which ones you would like,

EmEy

Ibanezhead
07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
We are also planning to release a set of guides that are pre set for different type of characters/animals. Let us know which ones you would like.

Would the animal setups come with a premade proxy setup?

Dog
Cat
Ape
Horse
Elephant
Dinosaur
Bird
Rat
Spider
Fish

no_to_co
07-23-2003, 10:45 PM
EmEy,

Is there a way for the scrip to generate only one skeleton with one root? I tried re-rooting the upper skeleton and combining it with the lower, but it all broke on me. I bet there are other people out there who would like to use a single skeleton/root solution.

Thanx for any info on this.

BOB

cloudtrix
07-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Hey Bob

We will offer an alternate back setup (single chain) in a future version.

We are working on it.

Cheers,

EmEy

the3DBEAST
07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
CLOUDTRIX,

is there a way to set up an inverse knee, like a bird leg? I have a character that is basically humanoid with an inverse knee, and i got the rig set up perfectly, except for the knee. is there a fix for this?? thanx for the help!!

cloudtrix
07-24-2003, 04:37 PM
the3DBeast,

There is no preset for a bird (yet;) )

But this issue can be worked around. I think the initial mistake is in the term itself "reverse knee". Bird, dogs, cats etc. don't have a backwards knee what they have is a high ankle which is confused to as a knee. In other words if you create the guides with a high ankle you can achieve the setup.

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann

the3DBEAST
07-25-2003, 12:07 AM
you are the MAN cloudtrix....sweet, thanx a lot!

markw7
07-26-2003, 04:21 AM
I'm on Mac OS X and having problems. Maya freezes up when it tries to load the bmps from the icons folder. It works when I move the FinalRig_icons folder out of its required location. Any tips?

I'm struggling with a cat at the moment. Are your pre-set guides just variations on the default?

Looks like a fantastic tool.

cloudtrix
07-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Hey markw7,

The version of final rig that you have is not supported on the Mac.
We will be releasing mac and linux versions shortly.

some of the other changes will take a bit longer as we are on our way to siggraph. :beer:

Cheers,

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann

SDIT
07-26-2003, 05:00 PM
i am definitely keeping up with this thread, but i think i will wait til your next version though ;)
CHEERS and congrats. Very cool for you guys to post it for free.
SDIT

markw7
07-26-2003, 06:18 PM

markw7
07-26-2003, 06:20 PM
It will be the first auto rig tool on the mac as far as I know. Does anyone know of another? The Setup Machine and the free Animan script aren't mac friendly. I was giving up hope (call me Frodo).

>The version of final rig that you have is not supported on the Mac.
>We will be releasing mac and linux versions shortly.

>some of the other changes will take a bit longer as we are on our way to
>siggraph

doodlyD
07-26-2003, 10:43 PM
I like it ! You did a very good job !But:
1: it would be more comfortable to have an attribute to disable a back stretch control !
2: to have some more advanced spline controls
3: i have some speed problems whan i am moving a back control with DummyBoxes ,so it's not a real-time behaviour!

also i think that PV controls is not necessarily for me , an attribute for it would be more likely !

thank you!

:wavey:

shine77
07-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Has anyone had any problems with importing and exporting weight maps on final rig.

When I import my weight map, my model gets totally twisted when I move the rig.

Any thoughts
Thanx

altruizine
07-28-2003, 03:46 PM
markw7:

I got this script to work in OSX by doing the following things:

use Graphic Converter to batch convert all the .bmp graphics to .xpm

use TextEdit on the script and do a search/replace for .bmp/.xpm

install as per the instructions.

There may be some functionality lost in the panel (can you select the joints from the panel? I can't on OS X) but overall the script works...

and it's awesome. it really kicks ass.

Thanks!!

-JF

capataz
07-28-2003, 05:51 PM
thanks a lot for sharing that tip, altruistic altruizine :) I was thinking about doing something like that but I didn't think about Graphic Converter!

cloudtrix
07-29-2003, 02:08 AM
Greetings,

The Radiant Square Team (all 3 of us) are at siggraph.

I'm posting this from the showroom floor.
We got a mac version running and it has some new cool features.

We will post it soon.

EmEy

Tuqui-tuqui
07-29-2003, 04:12 AM
Cool guys! :thumbsup: Keep us (those could not go for reason "x") posted, and let us know how it goes with Final Rig's presentation. :beer:

Gremlin
07-29-2003, 07:56 AM
mine gives me an intialization error.... I source it okay, but when I type FinalRig.mel; in the command line, it just won't work :D I wanna test it and see if its better than AniMan.

GrafOrlok
07-29-2003, 09:37 AM
WOW!:eek:

I've been on vacation so I've missed all the buzz. I just tried it out though and it's beautiful! Very nice job indeed. The streching of limbs are fantastic, can't even ímagine how you pulled that off. I don't know how useful it is however. It can probably get pretty anoying, but I saw you where able to switch it off too...

Beautiful interface too with both a channel box, a keyframe assistant and player controls. Nice fitting-rig too.
I'm amazed.:thumbsup:

capataz
07-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Graf Orlok
WOW!:eek:

The streching of limbs are fantastic, can't even ímagine how you pulled that off. I don't know how useful it is however.

Squash and stretch for cartoony animation. Very useful!

GrafOrlok
07-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Ah, of course...

Guess I'm just stuck in a narrow sighted realism mode:cool:. That's true, I guess you'll be able to do amazing stuff with that...

markw7
07-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, thanks for the troubleshooting altruizine. I was going to try out your solution but maybe I can wait a few days for Radiant's x version to come online. I hope the panel problem you mention will be solved too. Cheers.

UnlikelyCorny
07-29-2003, 08:30 PM
I tried to download the wiondows version but when selected it shows me an empty white square and that's it..

ok well it works now......

leif3d
07-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Gremlin...open it typing "FinalRig"....omit the ".Mel" part of it.....it should open ....pressing enter in the numeric key pad.....if that doesn't solve it you probably didn't source it correctly....

Gremlin
07-29-2003, 10:26 PM
alright, ill test it (even tho in the instructions it says type FinalRig.mel; or maybe it meant in the script editor? I dont know......)

.........testing..........

alright, sweeet.... its working, now I get to play around, and I'll think i'll be using this rig for my new cartoonish character that I'm going to start later today or tomorrow morning. Ol' right!!
Cheers,

doodlyD
08-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Hi Radiant Square!
When will be realized the next version of FinalRig!
i have a project ,and i want to rig characters with it !
beta is very good ,but not what i completle need to ...!!
And will be a full realese a free version ? !

I have to know it ,if FinalRig is not ready ,i have to start rig my characters right now!

THX!

sonicstrawbery
08-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Impressive script !:eek:

I play with the monster around 30 minutes and i'm stunned by the quality of your work, very easy to install, to configure and to use.

I can't wait for the next version.

So i keep an eye on this thread.

Good luck to Radiant Square !:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cloudtrix
08-08-2003, 08:55 AM
You asked for it and here it is.

Final Rig is now available for Mac OS and Linux.

Plus if you haven’t downloaded it lately (v. 1.2b) we have added a new hand UI with mirror and save pose.

And most important we fixed the layer error issue.

Cheers,

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann

jschleifer
08-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Finally got a chance to check this out.. some very cool stuff (and some very familiar stuff.. :).

I did notice some funkyness with the back controls tho.. I quite often like to animate with just the shoulder and hip controls (less to deal with), but if you just rotate the hip and torso, you'll see the back doesn't work correctly.. it becomes a bit twisted. For example:

setAttr Bob_SholderCtrl.t -2.516236 -3.116069 -0.0886915;
setAttr Bob_SholderCtrl.r 0 0 90;

setAttr Bob_HipCtrl.t -1.282364 -1.661203 0.0497394;
setAttr Bob_HipCtrl.r 0 0 90;

Also, if you change the name of a control the UI doesn't work for selection (can happen quite easily if two characters are in a scene together).

Check the rotation orders on all controls as well, it's very easy to get into gimbal lock with this guy.

The fk/ik switching is really nice.. I like the toggle interface, but I did notice some poping at times when switching from fk to ik (even after matching).

Overall tho, really really cool!
-jason

jimarse
08-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Cloudtrix...

Does the OSX version work with the 4.5 or 5.0 PLE?

Ta. And thanks again!

Mr. Schleifer...

I was having another look at your balloon dog animation, (very funny-loved it!), and I noticed that it is rendered out at 30fps. Do you animate at 30 fps too?

Just interested...

cloudtrix
08-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Hey Jason,

Missed you at Siggraph this year!

I was wondering when you will show up with some "setAttr";)
If you get a chance take a look at the cluster in the center of the back I'm wondering if you have any ideas how to fix it.

As far as the rotation orders we didn't touch them yet as we are still trying to fix the orientation proc.

As always, thanks for all the feedback and showing me there is more to rigging then Melvin.

EmEy

P.s. When are you coming to Miami I still owe you some drinks.

jschleifer
08-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Heya Emey!

yeah, I wish I coulda gone.. but we're just toooooo crazy busy finishing up the film. d'oh! :)

next time, tho.. next time! not sure yet when I'll be out in miami, but I may be out in london at the end of october for a week if you wanna meet up out there! :)

If I get time today I'll check out the cluster in the back and see if I can see whats' going on.

Heya Jimarse! (hah! :)

I animated the balloon dog at 30 fps simply because I couldn't get any other fps to playback real time with quicktime when I was doing it (mac osx).. normally I animate at 24 fps. I've done more work now and have gotten a pipeline going for doing work at 24 on mac tho, so I'm going to be stickin to that from now on. The nice thing about working at 24 is that you can go to PAL or NTSC pretty easily, and you can still always go out to film. booyeah! :)

-jason

jimarse
08-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi Cloudtrix-

I tried to install FinalRig OSX in PLE 4.5 and got this error:

'The "system" command is not supported by Maya PLE.'

Am I out of luck here then? No FinalRig for me? Boohoo. Is there any chance there will be a future version that works in the PLE? I'm dying to try it out!

Thanks.

cloudtrix
08-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Hey jimarse,

It doesn't seem we will have a PLE version soon. It turns out Alias removed many featured that are required to run final rig.

Maybe Alias will fix this in a future version of PLE.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

EmEy

juoc25
08-10-2003, 12:10 AM
Im having trouble once Final Rig is installed and the mel script is run in maya. Each time I restart maya i have to rerun the mel script is there anyway around this ..... and also the icon on the Radiant shelf are not there...

Thanks

NUKE-CG
08-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I must say, I love this script.. really great controls, and the UI is very clear.

Only thing which I screw up alot is the IK|FK manip, and the hand controls, would be good if they did the reverse, I just think selecting the hand is more intuitive than selecting an offsetted control to move the arms. The pole vector elbows are not parallel to the elbow like I like.. but that's just being picky.

An option to have a floating window instead of a panel would be gravy (tearing off seems to brainwash FR).

I would also like to see a pinable attribute on constrainable limbs, arms, back etc..

Keep up the good work guys, quality stuff.

steveblake
08-11-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm really enjoying getting to know and starting to animate with this system. It all seems very logical and is a real joy to use.

The only things I'd add to the wish list is a way of matching the FK back to IK - and it'd be nice to be able to swivel each foot from the heel as well as the ball...

Other than that I can only pile on heaps of praise...

Well done fellas. :beer:

Radiant Square
08-18-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi Everybody,

I would like to invite all FinalRig users to join our RadintSquare Forums where you can ask questions and keep track of our latest updates.

register and login to join

http://www.radiantsquare.com/forum/

thank you for the support.

RadiantSquare Team :thumbsup:

cloudtrix
09-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey,

Final Rig now has over 2000 reg users. Thank you for all the positive feedback.

Version 1.3 should be out soon.

EmEy

P.s. Still waiting to see some animations.

SDIT
09-02-2003, 05:40 PM
very cool, i wanna see the new version!!

leif3d
09-03-2003, 02:11 AM
who doesn't ...:beer:

Ibanezhead
09-08-2003, 05:22 AM
I love this thing. By the way, is the final version going to be free? If not, what is the projected cost?

Vic

polarize
09-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Uuuh, very cool rig:thumbsup: , but does anybody know an easy solution for the forearm rotation deformation?
Is there maybe a option for a second bone in the next release?
Because this would be really great :applause:

polarize

Ibanezhead
09-12-2003, 04:41 AM
Is there anyway to get a different spine setup? The stretchy spine doesn't work well with everything. Maybe an option to pick it, or another setup?

Also, I ran into a problem. After completing the rig, the fingers moved (closing spread) immediately to a different position, but the amount set on the spread, 2.5, remained the same. Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for a great script!

Vic

magilla
09-12-2003, 04:45 AM
I find this to be the only major drawback with Final RIg - the fingers don't retain their position after you rig the bones...they flatten out - meaning that you have to model in unnatural hand/finger positions.

--magilla

GrafOrlok
09-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Hey Radiant Square guys! What's up with the forum? Does seem to be down or sumtin'. I've tried on and off for a couple of days.

cloudtrix
09-28-2003, 04:29 AM
RadiantSquare experienced some technical difficulties with its web server, so you may have noticed that the user’s area and the forums were down on the 26th.
We are working hard to get everything up and running, as today the user's area and the forums are up again, please let us know if you experience any further problems.

cheers!!!

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann
Radiant Square

modi
09-28-2003, 04:53 AM
any idea when the release date of FR 1.3 would be?, i'm sure u guys are working really hard to get it out soon, just wondering thats all, awesome job agian guys, cheers.

markw7
09-29-2003, 01:24 AM
I tried out your script and found it to be pretty solid (maya45, macOS). Thank you VERY much. I hope you're finding this project satisfying, financially or otherwise. I'm a neophyte in this area. I've constructed a couple rigs on my own, using the tuts in the popular Maya books, so I understand the basics, but I'm wondering if your tutorial section will have some content soon? Particularly on the different parts of the finalRig script, cause I assume my questions are really of the newbie variety such as: sometimes a file with a posed character gets all twisted around on reopening; don't know if the dummy objects are the only elements I should be manipulating. Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered, but the forums are still down. Just thought I'd post while its on my mind.

magilla
09-30-2003, 05:40 AM
Anyone using Final RIg with trax editor and clips?

I'm having some issues - the clips are not visible in the visor whilst the character is active, although they are still available through the trax "insert clip" menu.

--magilla

cloudtrix
10-28-2003, 01:28 AM
hey boys and girls,

Sorry for being out of touch. I'm currently rigging on a movie and the rest radiant team is customizing FR for a video game company. (no I cant tell you right now, but maybe later)

A new version of FR will be out soon.

Thank you all for the great support.

Emanuel -EmEy- Druckmann

Firas
10-28-2003, 06:35 AM
thats great cloudtrix .. good luck

can u till us whats new in the new version ?

inaktive
11-15-2003, 01:41 AM
awesome autorig..

really am enjoying it. Love the carttony stretchyness to it. Makes it really cersitile and junk. Also the fact that its free is awesome!

great job:beer:

THeadle
11-15-2003, 04:32 AM
I have been in and out of about 1/2 dozen auto-rig's lately
and, although most of them are impressive in many ways,
FR has become my top choice (yes, even including TSM :)

Brilliant in all respects - cheers mates!!!

TH

strick9
12-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Hi,

First I'd like to say I am loving final rig. I tend to use clusters for deformations on my characters. However with final rig I cannot sent up cluster deformation due to the drivers not loading in the set driven key editor for the joints I select on my rig created with final rig, thus not allowing me to set driven attributes for my cluster handle. Is there anyway to do this or a possible workaround?

Thanks!

GrafOrlok
12-07-2003, 08:33 PM
You know you should use the control shapes instead of the actual joints, right?

That's the only thing I can think of...

vg1
12-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know how to bring character back to bind pose. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. Do I select both roots? The answer may be right in front of me, but, i cant find it. The way i set it back to bindpose, was just to set all controls back to 0,0,0 for the translates and rotates. Surely, this is the wrong way. I tried Skin > go to bind pose, but, it is not working. Please help. Thanks.

BTW, thanks Radiant Square, this is a wonderful tool.

vg1
12-11-2003, 04:00 AM
Hey Guys

one more thing, I keep getting the finger/hands controls in the UI locked every so often, not sure if this is a bug, but, as for now, im having to manually rotate digits in the channel box instead of the Final Rig UI. Anyway, i will keep playing here.

mirkoj
01-23-2004, 07:20 PM
is there maybe a quick tutorial, from creating guides to the skining simple character :)
also another question, guides are used to set up skeleton to your own character needs/proportions right?
any way, I like it :)

pentoxic
03-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi everybody,
Did anyone try to use Final Rig with maya 6?
Thanks in advance for your respond.

Dialector
03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I used it for one character in my current project in Maya 6.01.
It works fine on our high res character, the predone low-poly stand-in is a nice during animation to speed things up. I did have some problems placing the finger joints so the smooth skining deformed correctly. But thats probably because Im not great at rigging and skining generally.

pearl3d
03-26-2005, 04:49 PM
looks awesome i just tried itttttttttt

olioli
03-26-2005, 08:14 PM
what about version 6.5 on osX

anyone tried it.

themoch
04-07-2005, 07:19 PM
hey,

so in using final rig i built my character in its own file, and i want to bring it into another scene file for my animation... but when i import it it doesnt load the controls correctly, and tells me there is no,"insert control object on character here".tx

so i was wondering if anybody had success in importing the character to another scene, and if so how they did it.

Thanks!

lricho
04-08-2005, 01:37 AM
i've had no troubles referencing or importing finalrig generated rigs. However, i dont use the finalrig interface for animating - just the controls and character sets.

themoch
04-08-2005, 12:39 PM
I finally figured out what was wrong after a few hours.

it has to do with the way another file is imported into maya.

1. File>import...[]

2. Then make sure "use name spaces" is turned OFF (unchecked)

3. Import file

the reason it would not work is because FR was looking for a specific name, and when you imported something under the other way it would add the file name, then the object, so it would look like this: smith_05:smith_LeftHand

the problem here is the "smith_05" part was not in the original rig.

Also it should be noted that i am using Maya v6.0 Unlimited. and Final Rig 1.2 Beta.

ReBootedOne
04-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Wow.
Just, wow....
This rig program is frickin' SAH-WEEEEEEET!
I made myself a lil' rig of Nightcrawler, (from X-Men), just to test out the system, and I have been so insanely pleased with it. It is so easy to use, so much fun, and it just makes my whole life easier with that fantASTIC "Key all Attributes" button; makes it so easy to do "pose-to-pose" animation!
Thank you thank you thank you to all involved in making this!

-The ReBooted One

themoch
04-12-2005, 04:47 AM
i feel like i'm asking too much, but how do you guys move the character through the scene... like what do you grab onto in order to set the location of the character in the scene, and then move it to another spot?

lricho
04-13-2005, 02:54 AM
the big circle around the feet.
If you want to animate that, i think you need to make the translate attributes keyable, and you may also need to parent the ik arms under that circle, but i'm not exactly certain of that.

edit: that is, if you want to move the WHOLE character in whatever pose you've currently placed it.

themoch
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
okay, so i've added atributes before, but how do i go about restoring a translate atribute?

cloudtrix
04-13-2005, 10:04 PM
hey themoch,

Before you go breaking finalRig:) Let me just explain what we had in mind when we created it.
The "big circle" is for moving your character to it's start position not for animation.
To move the character for animation you need to select the handCtrl(s) footCtrl(s) and backCtrl.
This might seem excessive but it will give you world based transformations.
You can eliminated the hand selection if you switch the arms to FK.

I hope this helps. Make sure you show us the animation when you are done.:thumbsup:

cheers,

Emey

themoch
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
hey!

thanks... i really really like your script. i was just looking for an easier way... the way you described is what i've been doing. so thanks again... and if you ever needa beta tester for another script... i'd love to give it a shot... i break things easily :)

Pin_pal
04-16-2005, 01:46 AM
I'm having some trouble with this rig. After I create the basic fk/ik character setup, I select a elbo (or any other joint) and try to rotate it, my system comes almost to a complete halt. Maya become almost completely unresponsive for a good minute.

Any Ideas?

I'm using Maya 6.0.1

cloudtrix
04-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey pin_pal,

Not sure what's going on. There is nothing in the rig that should have major affect on the speed. I will need more info.
Is it just finalRig in the scene? Are you skinning a model? Did you try it on another computer?

Pin_pal
04-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey pin_pal,

Not sure what's going on. There is nothing in the rig that should have major affect on the speed. I will need more info.
Is it just finalRig in the scene? Are you skinning a model? Did you try it on another computer?

Hi cloudtrix,

I've narrowed the "bug" down, it's Flexy IK. This slowdown (maya.exe in the task manager shoots to 99% CPU) only seems to occur when I create dummy boxes with Arm/Leg Flexy IK.

I setup a character (all default) with Flexy Leg and no flexy arms and dummy boxes, and I can move arms perfect. As soon as I translate the leg though, my system comes to a grind while it calculates the movement.

Using Maya 6.0.1 / Xp Sp2

cloudtrix
04-17-2005, 06:00 AM
Pin_pal,

I'm still not sure.
run this after you create the rig...

// start
string $foo[] = `ls "*SetRange*" "*blendColor*" "*stretchShader*"`;
delete $foo;
string $bar[] =`ls "*Cube"`;
sets -e -forceElement initialShadingGroup $bar;
// end

This will get rid of the color change on the legs. This feature is the most expensive since it pushes the ogl.

Let me know, (If this fixes it then there is an issue with your video card.)

Pin_pal
04-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Pin_pal,

I'm still not sure.
run this after you create the rig...

// start
string $foo[] = `ls "*SetRange*" "*blendColor*" "*stretchShader*"`;
delete $foo;
string $bar[] =`ls "*Cube"`;
sets -e -forceElement initialShadingGroup $bar;
// end

This will get rid of the color change on the legs. This feature is the most expensive since it pushes the ogl.

Let me know, (If this fixes it then there is an issue with your video card.)

Hi Cloudtrix,

Yup, that fixed it alright! Very strange though, my video card should be able to handle it. I'm using an ATI 9800 PRO w/256MB with the latest dirvers 6.14.10.65.25. I'm also running an AMD Mobile 2600 (in desktop) @2550 MHZ. So I think my system can handle, but I guess not hahah. Thanks for the fix!

PP

its837
06-13-2005, 11:37 PM
HI

anyway this rigger seems so great

we (me and friend) needed some more controles in the fingers for indavidual lateral motion

and needed a more correct forarm with twist joints so here is a script to add in those controles if you too would like these things

the new twist should still obey all the stretching and stuff as well as work with fk ik blending and what not with out a problem
the radient square site seems to be down but i was going to say they should make the Skinning have an option for fall off right ??

anyway here if anyone wants
- oh and i am not a good mel scripter by the way so please don't make fun of me
the arms seem to change position slightly i think but i don't know if it will effect anyone or not

- hamburger

// read the next post for the updated script :)

its837
06-19-2005, 05:25 PM
hey

so i made some updates to that

it now uses the $characterName global proc so you can just run this script after you finish rigging with final rig

it adds indavidual lateral finger controle to the fingers
adds a head controle for the last joint in the head
adds a twist joint to the forarm and a twist bias controle on the hand to specify how much twist is in the wrist and how much is in the forarm

thats pretty much it
everything else should work in Final rig as it normally would

// final rig tweaks
//
//
// ifyou ran final rig a while ago and want to add this stuff in uncoment the next line
// and add your prefix name
// string $characterName = "yourprefixhere"
//
// Jeremy Sahlman jeremy@donkeycake.com
//////////////////////////////////////////////
// add indavidual lateral controles to fingers

//disconect finger spread controle
//Right
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");
//Left
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX ");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX");
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi_rotateX.output ")($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");

//delete the attre
//Righ
catch (`deleteAttr -attribute "FingersSpread" ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl")`);
//Left
catch (`deleteAttr -attribute "FingersSpread" ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl")`);

//add the new attre
//Right
addAttr -ln IndexLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl.IndexLat");
addAttr -ln MiddleLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat");
addAttr -ln RingLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl.RingLat");
addAttr -ln PinkyLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat");
//Left
addAttr -ln IndexLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl.IndexLat");
addAttr -ln MiddleLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat");
addAttr -ln RingLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl.RingLat");
addAttr -ln PinkyLat -at double -min -10 -max 10 -dv 0 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat");

//add to charector set
character -forceElement ($characterName +"_TopControl") ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ;

// do set driven keys //

////Right
//
//middle
float $RMiddleLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX") ($RMiddleLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX") ($RMiddleLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Middle_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.MiddleLat") 0;

//
//ring
float $RRingLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX") ($RRingLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX") ($RRingLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Ring_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.RingLat") 0;

//
//Index
float $RIndexLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX") ($RIndexLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX") ($RIndexLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Index_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.IndexLat") 0;

//
//Pinky
float $RPinkyLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX") ($RPinkyLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX") ($RPinkyLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.PinkyLat") 0;

////Left
//
//middle
float $LMiddleLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX") ($LMiddleLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX") ($LMiddleLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Middle_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.MiddleLat") 0;

//
//ring
float $LRingLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX") ($LRingLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX") ($LRingLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Ring_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.RingLat") 0;

//
//Index
float $LIndexLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX") ($LIndexLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX") ($LIndexLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Index_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.IndexLat") 0;

//
//Pinky
float $LPinkyLat = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX")`;

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX") ($LPinkyLat+20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") -10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX") ($LPinkyLat-20);
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Pinky_Hi.rotateX");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.PinkyLat") 0;

////////// add Twist Joints to arms //////////

//RIGHT
//unlock wrist so it can change position when joint is added
//Right
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateX");
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateY");
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateZ");
//Left
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateX");
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateY");
setAttr -l false ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateZ");

//unhook effector for same reason // THESE EFFECTORS WILL NOT BE NAMED THIS WAY ALWAYS IF YOU HAVE
// // OTHER RIGS OR EFFECTORS IN THE SCENE BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET A NAME SPACE
// // FROM FINAL RIG LIKE THEY SHOULD
//Right
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateX") effector12.translateX;
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateY") effector12.translateY;
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateZ") effector12.translateZ;
//Left
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateX") effector9.translateX;
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateY") effector9.translateY;
disconnectAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateZ") effector9.translateZ;

//Get new joint Position Y
//Right
float $RTwistYPosv = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Wrist.translateY")`*.5;
//Left
float $LTwistYPosv = `getAttr ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Wrist.translateY")`*.5;

// INSERT THE JOINTS
//RIGHT
insertJoint ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Elbow");
// updateBinMembershipAfterConnection |($characterName +"_ASK_System")|($characterName +"_CharMainCtrl")|($characterName +"_backCtrl")|($characterName +"_SholderCtrl")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_neck_Base")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Clavicle")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Shoulder")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Elbow");
rename ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Twist");

//Left
insertJoint ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Elbow");
// updateBinMembershipAfterConnection |($characterName +"_ASK_System")|($characterName +"_CharMainCtrl")|($characterName +"_backCtrl")|($characterName +"_SholderCtrl")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_neck_Base")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Clavicle")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Shoulder")|($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Elbow");
rename ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Twist");

// Place in middle
//Right
joint -e -co -r -p 0 $RTwistYPosv 0 ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Twist");
//Left
joint -e -co -r -p 0 $LTwistYPosv 0 ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Twist");

//hook new joint into the squash and stretch
//Right
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_RflexBlndCLMP.outputR") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Twist.scaleY");
// updateBinMembershipAfterConnection ($characterName +"_RflexBlndCLMP");
//Left
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_LflexBlndCLMP.outputR") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Twist.scaleY");
// updateBinMembershipAfterConnection ($characterName +"_LflexBlndCLMP");

//hook in rot to twist joint
//Right
shadingNode -n ($characterName +"_RTwistMult") -asUtility multiplyDivide;
setAttr ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input2X") -0.5; // Set to -1 for full twist in forarm
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl_orientConstraint1.constraintRotateX") ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input1X");
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.outputX") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_R_Twist.rotateY");
//Left
shadingNode -n ($characterName +"_LTwistMult") -asUtility multiplyDivide;
setAttr ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input2X") 0.5; // Set to 1 for full twist in forarm
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl_orientConstraint1.constraintRotateX") ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input1X");
connectAttr -f ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.outputX") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_L_Twist.rotateY");

// add bias controle incase you want all twist in wrist or in forarm
// Right
addAttr -ln Twist_Bias -at double -min 0 -max 10 -dv 5 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias");
// set driven keys
setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 0;
setAttr ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input2X") 0;
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input2X");

setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input2X") 1;
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ($characterName +"_LTwistMult.input2X");
// reset
setAttr ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 5;
// add to charector set
character -forceElement ($characterName +"_TopControl") ($characterName +"_LhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ;

// Left
addAttr -ln Twist_Bias -at double -min 0 -max 10 -dv 5 ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl");
setAttr -e -keyable true ($characterName + "_ASK_System|" + $characterName + "_CharMainCtrl|" + $characterName + "_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias");
// set driven keys
setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 0;
setAttr ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input2X") 0;
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input2X");

setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 10;
setAttr ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input2X") -1;
setDrivenKeyframe -cd ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ($characterName +"_RTwistMult.input2X");
// reset
setAttr ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") 5;
// add to charector set
character -forceElement ($characterName +"_TopControl") ($characterName +"_RhandCtrl.Twist_Bias") ;

//
//// ADD IN HEAD CONTROLE ////
//
circle -n ($characterName +"_headCtrl") -c 0 0 -1 -nr 1 0 0 -sw 360 -r 0.115 -d 3 -ut 0 -tol 0.01 -s 8 -ch 1; objectMoveCommand;
pointConstraint -n TempPointConstraint -offset 0 0 0 -weight 1 ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_neck_Tip") ($characterName +"_headCtrl");
select -r TempPointConstraint ;
Delete ;
group -n ($characterName +"_HeadOffset") ($characterName +"_headCtrl");
parent ($characterName +"_HeadOffset") ($characterName +"_ASK_System") ;
parentConstraint -n ($characterName +"_HeadOffsetParent") -mo -weight 1 ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_neck_Hi") ($characterName +"_HeadOffset");
orientConstraint -mo -weight 1 ($characterName +"_headCtrl") ($characterName +"_JT_DRV_neck_Tip");

setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.tx");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.ty");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.tz");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.sx");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.sy");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.sz");
setAttr -lock true -keyable false ($characterName +"_headCtrl.v");

//
select -cl ;
print "Final Rig Tweaks Done"

bye

its837
06-19-2005, 08:23 PM
oh i just realized if you have been going to the radient square site and clicking on forum and not being able to do anything go to this forum instead

http://www.radiantsquare.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

then you can sign up and stuff

-

beau
07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
The site seem to be down. Anyone knows what's going on? Hopefully v2 will be ready when the site is back online. In the mean time can anyone send me the latest version?
"beau_cg at yahoo dot com"

Thankshttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

beau

cloudtrix
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
site should be working fine .... try linking directly to
http://www.radiantsquare.com/modules/wmpdownloads/

We hope to have version 2.0 ready to show at siggraph

beau
07-01-2005, 03:15 PM
The direct link also didn't work. I keep getting connection time outhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

Thanks for such a great tool.

beau

still not be able to connect to the site. Am I the only one... :cry:

beau
07-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Sorry for double post, but I still can't connect to the site.
Anyone can help? Please...

cloudtrix
07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Where are you connecting from?

Abhimation
07-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry for double post, but I still can't connect to the site.
Anyone can help? Please...

Its in yourmail box now :thumbsup:

beau
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm connecting from Japan, still no go.

w0lverine, I'm looking forward to get your mail, Thanks!! :bounce:

beau_cg

Edit: The problem seem to be at my end, ISP routing problem. They're fixing it. Sorry, for the trouble:blush:

Rod Seffen
07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I'd like to give this a try, but I never get a reply to confim my email when I register at Radiant Square. I've tried 3 different email addresses.

caulfield
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Seems like I can't access the downloads either, from Sydney. I get a warning saying that I've been linked from an unauthorised site.

Seems wierd...

Okay I needed to register...

wes
07-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Hiya: I've used Final Rig in a couple of tests and am now ready to apply it to a project.

Only, when I create char-setup from my guides, I get some unpredictable results...

One is that the finger joints are in a different 'spread' orientation as character setup than they were as guides. I can move them into place before skinning, I guess, but does this change their default or bind pose? (Can I still 'zero' them out to find my default pose?)

The second (and new) problems are a little more random:

<A> The shoulder icons get created two character heights above the rig, pulling the shoulders up to their max, and no way for me to re-locate them. (Translate attributes can be turned back on and it's Y translation adjusted, but the elbows then stretch out totheir max, regardless of PV position)

<B> Sometimes, a new guideset will just be a random leg bone or two and a cluster, or a newly created character setup is missing large bits of itself, is not grouped up like usual and, basically, useless.

Any clues what's causing this? I've reverted to Creature Tools in the interim, but really liked the flow and simplicity of Final Rig.

Thanks heaps in advance
and thanks for the time and effort you have put into making FinalRig

wes

LordMolotov
08-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Hello guys,

I can't register, login, or download Final Rig from the www.radiantsquare.com (http://www.radiantsquare.com) website. Is anyone else having these problems? This is what i get when I hit the register button:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /register.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone direct me to an alternate mirror site to download Final Rig?

thanks!

Molo

<Pino>
08-27-2005, 06:35 AM
... the webpage is down,

cheung0402
08-28-2005, 07:54 AM
the web page is ok now

pepeland
12-21-2005, 02:33 PM
the web page is ok now

The web page don´t work for me :(

Daniel

cloudtrix
12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey Daniel,

Can you tell me what error you are getting? We have had some issues when people outside of the U.S. try to connect.
If you get a chance I would also like to get your feedback on a few things.

Cheers,

Emey

pepeland
12-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey Daniel,

Can you tell me what error you are getting? We have had some issues when people outside of the U.S. try to connect....
Emey
The tipical "The page cannot be displayed". I was trying connect from yesterday with no luck :(.
May be when come back from x-mas. Happy new rig!! :)

Daniel

forflowers
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Is everyone actually buying it or am i missing something here? The LE version isn't even released yet.
Anyways, the script looks awsome.

Amrit-Derhgawen
12-27-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm facing the same problem. I'm from India, and I tried to register on radiant square, so as to download the final rig software. I filled up the registration form giving all my personal info, and finally it said "Forbidden You don't have permission to access!" I don't understand whats the problem? Can anyone help me with this?

cloudtrix
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
This is for anyone getting the "Forbidden You don't have permission to access!" error.

For some reason our firewall is rejecting certain provider IP address. (we are not sure why) The solution right now is for us to manually enter your provider's IP.

IP's can be emailed to alvaro@radiantsquare.com

Did I mention that Final Rig 2.0 is available? We will make a full announcement in week or so.

Cheers,

Emey

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.