PDA

View Full Version : Your Expectations for CGS Chicago

CGSChicago
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
To all of our Chapter members. I would like to hear your thoughts on what type of topics and/or functions you would like to see sponsored by CGS Chicago.

Our biggest desire is to have the most meaningful meetings in the future.

DizzyJ
05-14-2009, 10:16 PM
More than anything, I'd like this to develop into a community. Since I don't work in the industry, I don't have any connections with people who have a passion for CGI.

kdubayoo
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd love to meet more people, make contacts, and learn more. I worked in the industry for about 2 years, but recently left after getting married. Now I guess you'd say I'm more of a hobbyist/freelancer. In some regards, this is awesome, but in others.... not so much- as it's a lot harder when you don't have mentors or opportunities to network. Plus, I still feel like I have a long ways to go when compared to some of the master artists you see here.

I think it would be neat to see educational opportunities, workshops, things like that. Perhaps Chicago challenges or contests, collab projects, etc.

Revitgnome
05-18-2009, 04:40 AM
@kudabyoo

Don't you worry! Taoizm and I are plotting and planning CGS Chicago Challenges :) We have Ballistic Book as swag that we are going to give away. We figured that we might as well make our members work for it...namely Chicago Chapter Art Challenges.

We also figure that our Chapter Challenges will be good practice for future CG Challenges.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2009, 04:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.