PDA

View Full Version : Real Mixing of Realflow Meshes using Maya

subbz2k
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey there,

i just thought i've found a solution for the mixing of realflow meshes in a REAL looking way with maya but now im all stuck with this. i mean a tutorial for this, that can be found here:

http://www.whenpicsfly.com/rfwiki/index.php?title=Texturing:_Color_Mixing/Blending

my problem is, that it isnt working! i created that python file (added the encoding on top to get it to work), started a new scene in maya, imported the particles (just the first one for now to get it tested), added that fluidtexture and disconnected the time from it, created the ramp and disconnected place2dtexture from it and finally added an empty group and placed the MEL-script in there.

so far so good. i dont have any errors and i also have that delay from which the guy is talking after changing frames but i dont see anything. it isnt colorizing. also i dont know how to manually connect the particle age to the ramp which he speaks about in the mel-script.

so anyway: can you lead me a helping hand? what did i got wrong in this?

would be nice if you could help me with that since im stuck now for many hours already!

thx in advance.
subb

subbz2k
05-16-2009, 08:24 PM
has really nobody any idea about that? im really stuck and could need your helping hand! :-/

Phlok
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I'd recommend you going to www.realflowforum.com and ask there or PN the member (there) "Dreymo", as he wrote the stuff.

I am very keen on trying that myself but I do not have any spare time for things like that because my full effort is needed in other projects.

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2009, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.