PDA

View Full Version : High poly modelling

dead4sure
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi guys n gals!

i'm just finishing my 2nd year of a BSc Computer Animation course and am thinking about my final year project!

I know i want to work with ZBrush (just cos i love digital sculpting) but i'm not too sure what people look for in high poly modelling!

i've been told that accurate anatomy, good organic representation and cloth are all good things to work on!

do you guys think a showreel with these things done well would indeed stand out?

cheers

MrPositive
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Absolutely, but you could go ground roots and take a local clay sculpture class first. I have a degree in sculpture from way back when, and it's essential to have some traditional training in translating to digital. Also, check out this for ideas :)
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/featured2col.php

dead4sure
05-15-2009, 07:12 AM
thanks for the reply =)

the zbrush central work is always both inspiring and terrifying lol!

i'll look into the sculpting class, i think my uni might let me sit in on some classes if i ask nicely/bribe well! =)

i must admit i do with this course had more art based content, but it is a BSc so it kind of limits itself!

thanks for the input MrPositive, you live up to your name lol!

Kanga
05-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Due to some browser problems I cant see your folio so I cant see what you are interested in. Take a little time to think about your ideal job/ work and see what companies or clients are looking for. If you start at the end it will make things easier. A good guide is the job sections you can find on studio websites. Also there are a number of published art tests you can find that will give you are good idea of what is required for your ideal area.

If you want to do characters then anatomy study will be quite valuable and you should start a sketchbook here. : Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177) see the stickies and sub forums for details.

Have fun.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2009, 01:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.