PDA

View Full Version : How do i crete a shader network for tyres in maya?

jthorne19
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, i recently picked up an issue of 3d Artist and it has a cool tutorial on how to make a tyre look realistic instead of always going with the bump mapping option. So i began doing the tutorial and got a little stumped because it tells you to create a shader network and this is where the problem is because my experience with shader networks is actually zero. So if anyone has the magazine and has completed it please do feel free to post a little more info on the shader network here please, or if not it would be great to find out how to create a decent shader for tyres. P.S. The tutorial use mia_matrial_x shaders.

phix314
05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
What exactly is your question? Where are you getting stuck at? If its a tutorial it should be walkthroughish, no?

jthorne19
05-20-2009, 05:45 AM
i think my question has changed slightly as i realise what i need to be researching in order to improve my techniques. So i rephrase me question....... do you guys know any decent resources to start with when creating 3d shaders? perhaps good books or tutorials detailing the process and the things you need to be aware or knowledgable of?

phix314
05-20-2009, 07:56 AM
3dtotal.com, 3dm3 has some. Really no one-stop shop for free ones. Digital tutors, gnomon are the big sellers IMO.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.