PDA

View Full Version : Pull Down it! Pro in action

DynamicBoy
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi,

Congratulations to the founders and crew of CGSociety, really amazing site.

We have updated the "Best of VFX" gallery in our own site with a stunning scene of a photorealistic collapse made with Pdi! Pro. This is the link,

http://www.pulldownit.com/gallery-3.php … p;idcate=4 (http://www.pulldownit.com/gallery-3.php?iditem=14&idcate=4)

hope you like it

angelmax
05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Hola,
the dynamic is very realistic. Maybe the camera panning is a bit stiff. I would suggest to study a video sequence of an event similar to discover the behavior of dust and debris which seem to miss. Other than that the movement is credible.

Ciao,
Max

Glacierise
05-13-2009, 09:24 PM
It's a demo of the tool ;) Nice dynamics, how long did it take to sim? I gotta play with that tool after the project :)

DynamicBoy
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Hola,

The simualtion takes 25 minutes to be done in a quad core work station, we have prefered not to include particles in this technical demo to emphasize the powerfull dynamics & fracture solver inside Pdi, nevertheles Pedro Ivan is going to add dust and smoke in a second stage to finish this piece in the way it becomes really believable.

KOKE
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi,

I think that the simulation is very credible but the rocks keep shacking even once they are in the floor like if there was some kind of earthquake happening.
If it wasn´t for those shacky rocks it would be totally credible in my opinion.

Great job anyway, cool tool :thumbsup:

JK.

:D.

DynamicBoy
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your comments Koke,

Maybe it is necessary to increase the friciton among the falling shards to reduce residual sliding.

sekelela
05-20-2009, 03:10 AM
wow! quite impressive, it is everything 3D in this set?

good job

DynamicBoy
05-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Actually only the centre part is 3D, the colllapsing model has been integrated with an HD picture of the environment.

thanks for your comments

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 10:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.