PDA

View Full Version : cws > to > flame

xsi
07-17-2003, 06:13 PM
is it possible at all?
it would only make sense to be able to import combustion files into flame...

Chris
07-18-2003, 01:24 AM
you can export G-masks, tracking info & Colour Correction setups to flame.

xsi
07-18-2003, 12:24 PM
i know that, but it's not what i was asking for.

it would be helpful to be able to export cws to flame, when i do graphics/ animation in combustion and then it goes to online production, the h.o.p. would be able to do it on a flame. (for example to adjust the background footage/ colorcorrections, etc.) otherwise i always have to reimport or export footage.

GrantKay
07-18-2003, 05:39 PM
Hi XSI,

You can only move certain setups from combustion to Flame/Inferno/Smoke/Fire/Flint.

Anything beyond Colour correction/Masks/Tracking/Keying/Grain/LUTs you would have to render out frames and mattes and import them into the system product.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

xsi
07-18-2003, 10:04 PM
hi grant. yes i thought so...

but it would be really helpful if it had a similiar action-workspace. then you could just transfer the setups from combustion to flame and all the layering/ graphics, etc. would be in there.

because i'm freelancing, the head of production sometimes needs to do additional footage color correction or else with the client and then it would be helpful if i didn't have to export the footage from combustion, wait for his changes and import it again, render it out and send it over again.

btw: do you know when c3 will be out?

GrantKay
07-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately those issues are not disclosed until Discreet is ready to. So I have to be as patient as you on this one.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.