PDA

View Full Version : collaborative software

groblus
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello.
I know that it might be considered a little off topic but it's a question I have to ask ? If you work on team projects what kind of project management software do you use ?
I'm working on a project and it turns out that it really difficult to manage a small amount of people without some sort of collaborative software. Having 7 people generating soft work on a single project has to be somewhat controlled. How do you manage this ? I've looked on some open source projects as dotProject or Trac or eGroupware but those are overbloated and don't serve my needs. I don't expect a lot from the system, all I need is:
- being opensource (or freeware)
- web accessed (people working remotely)
- to be installed on my own server (no "project management" sites)
- people given tasks
- "task done" percentage
- task deadline
- ability to mark tasks as problematic (noticing that they will be delayed or sth)
- email annoucements of tasks change (so the supervisor knows what's happening)
- some sort of timeline view of every person tasks, or project tasks
- ability to have some projects happening at the same time

I might sound that it's a lot but when you compare it to all project management software, then it's really not much - everything I could find was over-bloated and software development oriented - I need something more generic that can suit CG projects need.
I hope you can help me a bit with the issue.

groblus

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.