PDA

View Full Version : Standing Animation

motoballer
05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I wanted to show a character with no arms using most of his energy to stand up right. My main goal was to show weight and determination. Tell me what you guys think and how I should improve it. Thanks

http://vimeo.com/4615105

If anyone could tell me how I could have the video show up on the forum please let me know!

tsol2388
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
You may want to make his head drag a little more... and push that overlap. It seems to me right now it just comes up too quickly. Idk if you want to do this, or if it is just a test.. but if i had no arms, I would skooch forward to the edge of the chair before I got up... so you may want to add a little bit of a slide forward to the beginning, and to add some anticipation.

hope that helps!

rstratton
05-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Right now the movement is to linear/constant, so this makes it feel as though the character has no weight to him. Also if the character had no arms it would be more work to get to a standing position. Here are a few things I think might help since he doesn't have arms to put out in front of him to counter his weight he would probably need to slide his butt to the edge of the chair so that is weight is more over his feet/center more so that he can actually push his weight up. Also everything is moving at the same time which feels unnatural. When his feet move they need to have a few frame difference, right now they move together. When he comes up go past the final pose and then settle into the standing position. Hope this helps....

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 03:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.