PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question; compositing hardware and software

FattyBoom
05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi all, sorry for the incredibly lame question but for some reason i can;t find the solutino on the forum already.

I've got some hardware rendered particles colliding with a rigid body object. When i split particles on to their own render layer the geometry no longer occludes them in the right places (or at all in fact). Obviously this will no composite correctly afterward and will ber pretty difficult to achive manually as sometime they are in fron and some behind.

This must be really obvious, if someone could point me in the right direction i;d be eternally grateful

Thanks

Rich

RDC
05-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Try bringing the geometry onto the layer as well then assign a new shader to your object to create a mask/matte. You could simply use a lambert and change the matte to Black Hole and that should hide the particles behind your object and not appear in your render... There are quite a few shader techniques you could use though.

Rich

FattyBoom
05-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Try bringing the geometry onto the layer as well then assign a new shader to your object to create a mask/matte. You could simply use a lambert and change the matte to Black Hole and that should hide the particles behind your object and not appear in your render... There are quite a few shader techniques you could use though.

Rich

Thanks mate I appreciate your help. I'll give it a go.

FattyBoom
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks mate I appreciate your help. I'll give it a go.

Yep, just in case this helps anyone else that happens to be looking, i just gave everything the "set as background" texture and it worked a treat.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.