PDA

View Full Version : Render Pass Question

martinf430
05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi i was recently doing a project were i rendered in passes, however i noticed that when i have surface shaders etc they dont effect items on other render layers. i had a surface shader sky dome on 1 layer and an airplane on another, is there any way to render the plane with the surface shader having an effect on it? Also had 3d clouds created with a fluid container is there any way to have the passes show only what would be seen if the master layer was rendered? so that i could render the clouds on a seperate layer so they would seem behind the plane at 1 point and infront at another.

thanks,
martin

AthorNZ
05-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Sounds like you need to look into render pass sets. You may find a better work flow is to have only 1 render layer, and then separate out the different objects with a render pass set.

So you would create a set for the plane, a set for the clouds etc, and then assign whatever render pass you need to each set. So on the cloud set you could assign a beauty pass, and it should output what you see in the master layer, without rendering out the plane.

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2009, 02:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.