PDA

View Full Version : I need help in textures

actionfigure
07-17-2003, 02:55 PM
My problem is when I create an object like a sphere and add texture to it, the plane and the background also take on the same texture. I have tried to place them in different layers but it still does that. Any help is appreciated. Please note that Im still new and I need detailed directions.

Thank you for your underdstanding

:thumbsup:

dreamsgate
07-18-2003, 02:01 AM
okay there can be several things going on here,

1. did you make sure object 1 was no longer selected when creating object 2 &3 (pink means it is selected)

2. Did you create a new material for each object, there is a text button at top of material buttons that by default says Material. There is a litlle button next to it with a little dash on it, click that button and Add New. This will give you a new material for the selected object.

http://blendedmind.i8.com/tutorials.html#tutorials
and here are some basic beginner tutorials for blender. There is one on materials.

Have fun.:)

Apollux
07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Most likely it is reason #2. Remember that many objects can use the same material at the same time, it seems like the 3 objects are using the same material, that's why the texture shows up on the 3 of them.

actionfigure
07-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Thanks you guys..that was helpful even though Im still getting textures mixed up....I guess Ill just have to get used to using it.

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.