PDA

View Full Version : frame/animation extension as unknown file during batch render

shenmue
05-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi
I am doing a batch render and saving the frame/animation extension with the option name_#.ext and the image format as tga.
The problem is that the rendered images appears with file extension and not .tga.
So I have to manually change the properties of each one to .tga,because I donīt know how to select them all and change it at once.
Sooooo,what can I do.
First,why the output isnīt tga as it should?
Second,is there some windows utility that allows me to change the properties of more than one file at once?
Any solution is fine with me. :shrug:
Thanks

skunk184
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
you can use ACDsee to batch rename files....

dont know why you are having this problem but ...
I always use name.#.ext (dont know if it makes a difference though) and I always render out .iff's and never had any problems.

cheers

Craig

foggyball
05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Do you have the 'Use custom extension' selected in the common tab of the render settings window?

shenmue
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you have the 'Use custom extension' selected in the common tab of the render settings window?

yup.....I didnīt even know that tab existed.The checkbox is on....I guess it souldnīt.

skunk184,is there any reason you use maya .iff.I thought the most common was to use tga or tiffs.Are there any advantages with iff?

By the wat I donīt know why,but when I convert my tgas to .mov with the codec h264,the result is a little grey,and I have tryed to use some filters before exporting to .mov,but I donīt get any better result.

Thx

skunk184
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
from the maya docs .....

"By default, Maya saves rendered image files in the Maya Image File Format (Maya IFF). The Maya IFF is the most efficient format, in which no data loss occurs. All other file formats are translated from the Maya IFF format. "

and you ll definately save space on your harddrives.

Craig

shenmue
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Okey.Thanks,I will check it.

Hehud
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
You can also oppens you sequence in Fcheck then rename them or
Photoshop by Automatisation

targa its very heavy, Png have also the transparancy within

and yes iff its the first one

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.