PDA

View Full Version : Just curious ...

comanche
07-17-2003, 12:43 PM
First we were told that the special offer (LW8 upgrade incl. DFX+) is available until 30th of June. Now the offer is valid until July 31st. So people can wait and see what's coming 'round the corner on Siggraph and then decide to make the deal or not.

What'll be the next upcoming marketing trick? What's Proton's posting about? What's going on here?

Cheers,
Andreas

webfox
07-17-2003, 12:50 PM
DFX+ was available only with the upgrade to 8 for free through June 30.

Now if you want DFX+ for free, you have to buy the full seat of LW.

It's not a trick. Personally, I didn't go in for the offer because I don't like to blindly order upgrades without features listed. I may be kicking myself later, but then again, maybe I won't.

comanche
07-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by webfox
DFX+ was available only with the upgrade to 8 for free through June 30.

Now if you want DFX+ for free, you have to buy the full seat of LW.

It's not a trick. Personally, I didn't go in for the offer because I don't like to blindly order upgrades without features listed. I may be kicking myself later, but then again, maybe I won't.

Take a look at this site:
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/price/price_e.html
Scroll down to the Upgrade offers.

Don't get me wrong, the deal is great. I love DFX+!!! But NT hasn't told me the truth (valid until June 30th). That's what I call "tricky" ;-)

robinson
07-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah Comanche I saw the same thing, and I need to say I felt great when I saw it again !!!

Newtek marketing is absolutely awesome , hope they are doing the same thing like pmg (messiah studio) did, this pmg offer for messiah:animate was supposed to be a limited time offer for Siggraph 2002 and you can still order it for this special price !!!

Damn I’m still waiting for my DFX+ copy (sure that's great) and I ordered June 15th , they still selling this “bundle” and can’t even deliver ! Kewl
The next thing it was great to see a threads like that, DFX+ box with no dongle (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75610&highlight=DFX), some people received parallel- others USB dogles, is there anyway we can chose ? I hope not Newtek will make the right decission for us...
I really need a dongle (hope I’ll get an USB) because I want one Computer for 3D (Lightwave) and the other for Compositing (DFX+) !!! I don't want a DFX+ light !!!:thumbsdow

Sorry for all the positive comments Newtek, Proton or whoever but what the he.. is going on…:shrug:

Edited in red !!!
because it is getting to negative over here………:rolleyes:

Zarathustra
07-17-2003, 03:02 PM
How ironic - I ordered after June 15th and I got my DFX+ and I didn't even want it. It just sold on Ebay.

I have about 6 years invested in LW. Upgrading was a knee-jerk reaction. I don't think I can handle (mentally, financially, etc.) switching 3D apps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.