PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Hair

StefanAlbertz
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Im currently working on my first hair project - which of course has to be beauty shots for commercial production .. we grow with challenges ..

My current idea to solve this is using maya hair with attached shave and a haircut hairs. I render using mental ray (hair primitive), detail shadows (highres shadow map) with a bit softness and spotlight illumination and the rasterizer for rapid production hair.

Is this a good way to go or would there be a more sophisticated way to render hairs? I already experienced flickerings on the very small hairs which are quite hard to nail down using the rasterizer.

Stefan

mister3d
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I have a similar problem... the hair that i will render supports it's own type of shadowmaps, but it's really unconvenient to render with shadowmaps the whole scene. Is there a way to combine such shadows with soft shadows in post?

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.