PDA

View Full Version : Time remapping loop makes last frame spin through the whole stack

Aasmund
05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello people,

I have a little obstacle in After Effects maybe some of you could help me with.

I have a walkcycle pre-composed, with time remapping enabled. This loops at a specific frame back to frame 0. Since motion blur is turned ON, the last frame calculates its motionblur on the basis of its return to frame 0 - resulting in a massive mix of all the frames. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks for any advice or/and help.

-Aa

Mylenium
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Apply hold keyframes at the start and end.

Mylenium

suztv
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
It might be easier to render out your walk sequence (30 frames?) and/or have After Effects interpret the footage with the amount of loops you need.

Normally for walk sequences I use that especially if I am moving the walk with AfterEffects - otherwise you get weirdness like what you described.

Just to be certain though - are you merely copying the frames over and over or are you setting your keyframes and then applying this expression?

loopOut("Cycle",0)

The loopout expression works great and should solve your sudden burst of motion blur.

Aasmund
05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey guys and thanks for replying!

I am as you figured merely copying the frames over and over again. I tried the exciting loopexpression, but it didnt fix the blurburst - sadly.

And Mylenium - No go with hold keys;)

Any new ideas?

-oz

suztv
05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Could you provide some screenshots of your timeline? Or even the comp?

If you want something to loop seamlessly you have to make sure that the beginning and ending are exactly the same. That way you don't mess with the keyframes too much. If you don't have that and you are just using the beginning keyframe next to the ending keyframe - make sure they keys are only 1 frame away from each other. If there is any space between the keys After Effects will interpolate the timeline and play everything in between them (which is what it sounds like is happening).

Also you may want to pre-comp this walk cycle and use the CC motionblur on it or ReelSmart Motion Blur to apply motion blur so that you don't worry about the issue you are describing.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.