PDA

View Full Version : Space painting-comments welcome

nefilim242
05-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting work on this forum. I'd like to get some feedback on this production painting that I did for a project that my friend and I are working on for our demo reel.

Currently this current painting didn't meet the needs of the project but it was a cool exercise in digital painting nonetheless.
I'm currently working on a new revision right now.

Looking forward to your comments. :p

-neFilim

doghat
05-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Looks neet. The blue veins on the left side tend to draw the eye in the wrong direction and maybe should be muted out a bit. Also, the astoriod beld has no real 'bullseye'

nefilim242
05-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Thanks Dan. I agree that the veins are conflicting a little bit with the flow. So muting it down will help it out.

Can you explain what you mean about the asteroid belt having no "bullseye"?? Are your refereing to a focal point perhaps? Just curious.

Thanks for the crit. ;)

-neFilim

hawkprey
05-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Damn that is nice.

I admire anyone who has the patience to do something so polished.

I think the planets look great, but Dan nailed it when he said the asteroids dont have punch. May have something to do with the fact they are all kinda the same size.

Keep posting man,

PixelSoap
05-09-2002, 10:33 PM
I like the image a lot.. One thing that I thought is that the blue glow around the smaller planet that is in the foreground.. kind of fades into the background due to the blue in the planet in the background. If you changed it to a redish color, I think that would let the planet in the foregroud pop out more... just an idea...
looks good...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.