PDA

View Full Version : My new CG "Quiet"

ztao
07-17-2003, 10:05 AM
this is my best work from began draw CG.
I'm draw it in Painter 7.
may be it's too dirty.
i don't knw how to introduce it. i'm not good at English.
hope you like it.:)
Picture at here:
http://photos.gznet.com/photos/1115449/1115449-vZNd5FNNil.jpg

goatrape
07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
That really cool man! I like the character's overall mood and the composition. My only crit would be to establish more of a foreground, middle ground and background relationship. Darken up the back wall because the toilet and the wall are both very light colors and are conflicting with each other. Having the wall appear darker gives the pciture more depth. I think maybe there should be more contrast with only that single light source.

Ok im getting off my soap box, I just really like chariscuro and never want to pass up an oppurtunity to use it. :)

ztao
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by goatrape
That really cool man! I like the character's overall mood and the composition. My only crit would be to establish more of a foreground, middle ground and background relationship. Darken up the back wall because the toilet and the wall are both very light colors and are conflicting with each other. Having the wall appear darker gives the pciture more depth. I think maybe there should be more contrast with only that single light source.

Ok im getting off my soap box, I just really like chariscuro and never want to pass up an oppurtunity to use it. :)

Thanks for your suggestion.
At your remind I also discovered problem.
I will try to change it well.:beer:

goatrape
07-17-2003, 11:05 PM
glad I could help.

Good luck!

ztao
07-18-2003, 03:58 PM
http://yaca.ehighsun.com/bbs/UploadFile/20037182313032241.jpg

goatrape
07-18-2003, 04:09 PM
There ya go! Thats right! The guy is standing out more as the focal point becuase of the increase in contrast. The single light source has a warm feel to it compared to the 1st attempt. I like it a lot man. You could even get really hard core a push the darks and lights really further. Like maybe put more shadown on his shirt where it is closer to his pants. And pusht the darks on his skin, like underneath his arms and his cheek bones ( dont forget the rim light). I think even darking that wall a bit more to make the figure stand out even more.

Anyway, if you are happy with it than leave it be, you could rework it for the rest of your life and someone will always have some to crit on it, nut if you are happy than leave as is, like i said before im really anal about using high contrast when ever i can.

Oh yeah any reason why you removed the cirlce around the lettering on the wall?

Soulstorm
07-18-2003, 05:56 PM
there's a bit of a overkill of cracks in the wall

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.