PDA

View Full Version : character: dodo for design'ed

Edouard
07-17-2003, 07:15 AM
Hello guys, I have started the model of the dodo, the dodo is one of the characters of my site...(more characters to come), I want to place the dodo by the dog house form my envoirment, in this scene C&C please.

http://www.vi2.com/getFile/214695.jpg

The scene is still a WIP but I wanted to take a little break from it.
click here to go to the envoirment thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74374)

Chris88
07-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Very very nice. One touch though might be to add a little wire to the headphones as if they were connected to a CD player or something. Probably would add a good touch. Great work so far.

bentllama
07-17-2003, 09:05 AM
I like where this character is headed...

a few comments:

- the eyes seem a little too square and flat to me, ovalling them out a little might get that dopey look I think you are going for...

- the headphones are too symmetrical on his head...angle them back, make them slightly crooked...show a slight gap between and edge of the headphone pad and his head...poke a couple ot those feathers on the back of his head through the opening in the headphone band...little things like that add flavour and a random real world feel...

- the lower jaw and corners of the mouth need more detail...you might want to be able to have a nice crease in the corners of the mouth when it is in a closed position...

- personal taste, but I would repeat the shapes found in the feathers on his head mildly in the eyebrows...just at the thicker part towards the center of his head...right now they look "stuck on"

- needs nostrils

all in all I like the direction... I can't wait to see the full body! :beer:

rob-beddall
07-17-2003, 01:40 PM
hey!!

looks really cool.
but i agree that the eyes need work. they need to be shinier/more reflective.
i know he is a cartoon dodo but i would be tempted to put feathers on him. make him abit scruffy lookin'
also not sure if white is the best colour for him, it could make people think that he is a chicken.

that low poly mesh is so clean its sweet.

what technique do you use to get the low poly model looking so great?

is it just accurate vert manipulating or do you have some secret?

cheers!!

Edouard
07-17-2003, 01:44 PM
It is just the good old mesh smood, with a higher render value then the viewport value:thumbsup:

Edouard
07-17-2003, 07:57 PM
and a update...
http://www.vi2.com/getFile/215473.jpg
C&C please

SDIT
07-17-2003, 09:48 PM
very cool, reminds me a lot of the dodo's from Ice Age...
I would probably make the wings a tad bigger, same with the tail, great charsma though.
wires?
cheers!

JamesMK
08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
We need to see some wires for the body here...

That aside, it might be a good idea to do something about the feet. They look pretty lame now, not really birdlike. To start things off you could consider spreading the toes apart quite a bit.

Cool boid, though!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.