PDA

View Full Version : Character WIP

Netvudu
07-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Ive been working on a character for a persoal project Im doing in my spare time and I got a WIP which I think is nice enough to show you guys.

I still got to improve a few things like the part where the hair grows from the upper forehead (I HATE Sasquatch interface, I tell you) and the strange squared shadowing at the lower part of the eyebrows.
I could take a few hints on how to improve the blend between the hair and the head at that forehead part.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/Netvudu/Images/HeadWIP2.jpg

I dont know why I took so much pains with the hair as the guy is wearing a cloak that covers most of it but Im tired of watching bald models around.
The "fixed gaze" effect will be easily solved playing a bit with the eyelids.

The cool thing is I have the whole body finished AND with the setup done. I was just finishing the head separated for a quicker workflow but Ill now integrate it.
Theres yet some more texturing to be done on the body as well.

I know Im not Mike Blackbourn (hi Mike! :) ), but do you like it?

EDIT: by the way, Im not going for Photorealism a la Final Fantasy (*sigh*, as if I could). I just want to obtain enough realism to match the backgrounds. Usually we see great realism on backgrounds and many times the characters dont match as much or look too cartoony. My goal is just to obtain a coherent output.

Netvudu
07-17-2003, 11:09 AM
uh....come on. Nobodys is going to tell me his/her opinion? Is it too bad to comment or what? In that case I would love to know why. I will accept all constructive criticisms.

Gkaine
07-17-2003, 11:27 AM
not to sound like a jerk or anything but
i think you would get better C&C on WIP's in the WIP section of the forum :P

ill comment on it tho. it looks like a great start. keep at it.

Netvudu
07-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Oh, I see. I posted here because I used LW but I will try there as well.
Thanks for the hint.

Triple G
07-17-2003, 05:24 PM
To get the hair to blend better, you might try using a "scalp map". Paint the scalp the same color as the hair so that you can make the transition more gradual. Looks like a great start. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.