PDA

View Full Version : Zdepth Chromatic aberration

jtvergarav
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
How would you do it in post?

Like this

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/Yeminio/dofpro_chromatic_aberrations.jpg

I realized how to do it in maya, with a bokeh lens, but no clue about how to do it in lets say after effects, with a zdepth channel.

frizDog
05-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Not sure how to do it in after effects..but in a node based compositor:
you would take your input image and in one branch swap all channels to red
translate this some given amout in x and y, use a swap channels to pipe this new image back into the original, but in the RED channel only..the green and blue are from the original input

from the original input image branch off and swap channels to Luminance. Use this as a matte to mix beteen the new offset red image and the original. For extra control use a use a blur and luminance curve for control the luma swapped branch to define where on the image the abberation will happen

might be other ways..but that is how i do it

jtvergarav
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Thank you man

well, I know it is possible to do manually, just wondering about some kind of plugin that could do that. I guess expressions should do it for now.

jfrancis
05-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Photoshop's lens filter (designed to FIX C. A.) can also introduce chromatic aberration into an image without it. Does After Effects have that?

jtvergarav
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Well, seems like the after effects lens blur doesn't have it.

I'm still after some plug-in to make it using a z channel.

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.