Looks absolutely awesome :)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/

Venkman
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't care what anyone says.

This movie is going to be fun as hell.

Dennik
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
For some reason I think I'm going to like this much more than the transformers movie.
Its just on a different league.

Seven
05-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Hahah, that trailer made me laugh... how uttery rubbish can a film look!

If I hear another Terminator franchise product that has the line 'come with me if you want to live' once more im going to scream... why are these people allowed to make films? They just havent got a clue, they have zero imagination... oh, god, awful just awful.

Terminator 3 ranks as 'worst film ever made', this might just top it! It makes me sad, it really does. Terminator 1 and 2 are two of the most perfect films ever made, they mirror each other, tell a fantastic story that goes way way beyond explosions and big guns... and now we are reduced to this.

The last line of T2 Ďa Terminator, can learn the value of human life... maybe we can too', I can just imagine the T:S equivalent is Bevis and Buthead sitting on a park bench laughing to themselves about big explosions and boobs.

What a state the film industry is in. Make something original! it wont kill you.

mister3d
05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Hahah, that trailer made me laugh... how uttery rubbish can a film look!

If I hear another Terminator franchise product that has the line 'come with me if you want to live' once more im going to scream... why are these people allowed to make films? They just havent got a clue, they have zero imagination... oh, god, awful just awful.

Terminator 3 ranks as 'worst film ever made', this might just top it! It makes me sad, it really does. Terminator 1 and 2 are two of the most perfect films ever made, they mirror each other, tell a fantastic story that goes way way beyond explosions and big guns... and now we are reduced to this.

The last line of T2 ‘a Terminator, can learn the value of human life... maybe we can too', I can just imagine the T:S equivalent is Bevis and Buthead sitting on a park bench laughing to themselves about big explosions and boobs.

What a state the film industry is in. Make something original! it wont kill you.

QFA. This movie looks like a sous park "in 3d" - something that doesn't make sense. Not a number of 3d will save lack of a good story. The trailer just stinks.

Dennik
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
QFA. This movie looks like a sous park "in 3d" - something that doesn't make sense. Not a number of 3d will save lack of a good story. The trailer just stinks.

I don't see how you figured out there is no story from a movie trailer. Unless you know some spoilers that I don't.
Most action movies put action stuff and explosions on their trailers anyway. I don't see what the big deal is.

mister3d
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't see how you figured out there is no story from a movie trailer. Unless you know some spoilers that I don't.
Most action movies put action stuff and explosions on their trailers anyway. I don't see what the big deal is.

Yes, you are right that it's too early to pass a sentence, but they just didn't manage to put anything remarkable into a 4 minute trailer (at least to me). It's all filled with boring postapocallyptic cliches. If you watch any trailer from any good movie, you will see it hooking you up immediately. As a fan of terminator to me it's painful to see this. The decline of the franchise starts to show too obviously to me.

j00st81
05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
the amount of explosions in this trailer suggests they are compensating for something... hmm :D

defenately going to see it tough

cresshead
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
the trailers don't have much in the way of mystery...remember the t2 trailer...was the letters t2 being stamped out of metal....this thing is giving away so much it almost looks "desparate"
that's not to say it looks like poo film...just that the cinema's are desperate for ticket sales thesedays so HAVE to almost show the whole film in hilights fast cuts...sad.

Lordiego01
05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
so are there a lot of spoilers on this trailer??

kelgy
05-08-2009, 03:14 PM

**I would take a half dozen movies with Terminator 3 quality over what passes for a summer movie these days(Transformers).

T3 was very well made considering it was a 2nd sequel and without Cameron. Mostow is no hack director, the cast was picked for their acting ability, the script was good and had some twists(i.e. the arnold model killed John Conner, the ending).

I missed the "look" of Terminator 2, and the last quarter didnt seem very epic. Would have liked to see more of the military base.
I didnt care much for the anti-terminator terminator, but that's minor next to the script, acting and direction. It could have been much worse, and I dont see how it could have been much better given the restrictions with time travel.

Terminator was a great movie, T2 was epic but it has its quirks. I hate the "I need a vacation" line and some of the banter with the kid. "Talk to the hand" is no worse than "hasta la vista, baby." Arnold's terminator 2 was more of a kid friendly super hero, much less so in T3.
T2 had some cringe worthy stuff, like Sarah Conner's voice over, "in an insane world, it was the sanest choice."
Also Joe Morton's character didnt seem entirely believable to me. A guy devotes his life to computers and based on a speech and an artifical arm he says: ok, let's blow it all to hell.
What about his family? His motivations seemed weak. I could see him playing along to save his family and betraying them but that didnt happen.

T3 was an unnecessary sequel but so was T2.

T4 more so, but what the hell.

-Oh yeah one thing that always bugged me about Terminator. The excuse they used for why the terminator didnt bring advanced weapons with him.
The living tissue, nothing dead would go excuse.
That was so bad.
They could have just said: the terminator IS a weapon.
But a phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range would have been nice.

SheepFactory
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
This looks all kinds of awesome. I can tell that the highway robot motorcycle chase scene will be my fav fx scene of the movie. Congrats to all who worked on it.

INFINITE
05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Awesome. Cant wait.

To anyone moaning, do shhh!

Shletten
05-08-2009, 03:41 PM
This looks all kinds of awesome. I can tell that the highway robot motorcycle chase scene will be my fav fx scene of the movie. Congrats to all who worked on it.
Woah! Sorry guys but you just can't seem to appreciate anything. This clip looked good and I'm kind of very excited to watch this movie in the theater. Besides, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much the visual effects have been improved since the last trailer, it's finalized and it shows.

Intervain
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah seriously it's like a malcontent's picnic here! I guess we're seeing a different trailer :surprised- I think it's great - can't wait to see the movie.

SheepFactory
05-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Woah! Sorry guys but you just can't seem to appreciate anything. This clip looked good and I'm kind of very excited to watch this movie in the theater. Besides, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much the visual effects have been improved since the last trailer, it's finalized and it shows.

I agree but why did you quote me? I liked the trailer.

Shletten
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree but why did you quote me? I liked the trailer.
Excuse me, it was not for disagreement reasons but for agreement reasons. I realize I shouldn't have quoted you.

Oh and I'm also looking foward to see Sam Worthington in action! Avatar is my most anticipated movie of the year so I've got to like him, I do for the moment.

Lordiego01
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Just seen it.

Officially even MORE excited about this movie than I was before.

Shletten
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Ouch... I just noticed how apparent the rotoscoping is in the panoramic shot at the beggining of the trailer. I probably couldn't notice that at the theater but it is unacceptable.

vlad74
05-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Forget about originality. It is all money here. Visual and sound effect only. Think about it and will get the psychology behind that.
I stopped going to cinema long time ago. Threw away my tv 2 years ago. Fill a lot better now.

Artbot
05-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Wow, how do you make such a boring trailer out of all those robots and assplosions? Bale's gruff whisper is getting really tiresome and his narration was putting me to sleep. Probably a rental.

Boone
05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I have the Art of Salvation book, and together with this trailer I am wetting myself to go see it. :bounce:

GingerDave
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm fairly optimistic about this, looks good, has a decent cast and to those claiming it's all cg, there is the matter of Jonathan Nolan and Paul Haggis apparently being part of the writing team, if writers of the Dark Knight and Crash have had a hand in it, T4 might not be a complete mess like many are predicting.

still better to live in hope eh! :)

telecaustic
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
When I was in my 20's, and going to art school, I was a total movie snob. Of course I also didn't know squat about the film business only having romantic ideas about what is really involved in the film industry. So I hated a lot of movies, not all, but a lot.

Lately, I simply watch movies as if I were 13 years old again and movies are fun again. Seriously a movie costs $10 and last 2 hours, if you are expecting life changing experiences, deeper understandings of the universe or anything more satisfactory than a meal at a fast food restaurant maybe movies aren't for you.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!

Christopher Watson

MisterE
05-09-2009, 06:12 AM
I have the Art of Salvation book,

Does the book feature anything about the CG Arnold involvement? I cannot WAIT to see how that turns out and later read up about it. Anyone here know who worked on it? Was it ILM? DD? Image Metrics?

gent_k
05-09-2009, 08:26 AM
From my experience these extended trailers give away too much of the story... so I'll pass on this.

But anyway, can't wait for the movie.

hexygen
05-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I can't wait to see it as well!

I agree though that 4 minutes trailer is somewhat unnecessary - it won't really change anybody's mind about the movie either way right?

vfx
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
**I would take a half dozen movies with Terminator 3 quality over what passes for a summer movie these days(Transformers).

T3 was very well made considering it was a 2nd sequel and without Cameron. Mostow is no hack director, the cast was picked for their acting ability, the script was good and had some twists(i.e. the arnold model killed John Conner, the ending).

So let me just get this straight.. you think T3 had better production values than Transformers?

T3 to many fans is very forgetful. It looked like it was shot on home video, the action scenes were stale (graveyeard scene - omg) and then the acting... hmm I don't think Claire Danes and Nick Stahl have anything on Christian Bale and Sam Worthington.

If you can't appreciate the level of quality in that trailer alone.. then I think you'll always be disappointed when Summer rolls around.

As for that 4 minute trailer, it is exciting stuff - but what have they done with the timeline? It's all messed up.

Fess1001
05-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I was actually more eager to see T4 before this trailer. 4 minutes packed with cheesy lines and explosions - I hope that means that the rest is a coherent story, with vfx being the icing on the cake. It's probably too much to hope for T1-T2 feel coming through in this sequel, but - fingers crossed.

MotleyPete
05-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm hoping this is good because I felt T3 was a real let down. I think the TV series is great and there's still mileage in the Terminator story if they can pull off a decent movie.

Boone
05-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Does the book feature anything about the CG Arnold involvement? I cannot WAIT to see how that turns out and later read up about it. Anyone here know who worked on it? Was it ILM? DD? Image Metrics?

There's a few storyboards and shots of the endoskeleton, but its pretty much the climatic scene of the film - something you wont see until the film is released. To see what the vfx department has to do, compare Arnold's face(from T1) to Roland Kickinger's - The two are quite similar in apperance so I think it can be done, and in the hands of ILM it shouldn't be too much of a problem - just a lot of hard graft. :D

kelgy
05-09-2009, 02:17 PM
So let me just get this straight.. you think T3 had better production values than Transformers?

*absolutely if we are talking directing, writing and acting. I am not even sure Transformers has a script, or what could be called a script. In terms of innovative fx, of course not but I already indicated that. T3 lacked an epic scale.

T3 to many fans is very forgetful. It looked like it was shot on home video, the action scenes were stale (graveyeard scene - omg) and then the acting... hmm I don't think Claire Danes and Nick Stahl have anything on Christian Bale and Sam Worthington.

**I already said it didnt have the look or feel of T2 and I dont know why you would compare it to T4's actors, since I said nothing disparaging about them or the movie(except it was an unnecessary sequel like the rest of them). Stahl and Danes are solid actors with a non genre past. Mostow is also a good director. Breakdown proved that.

I just meant it is definitely not the worst sequel or movie ever made unless script, direction and acting means nothing to you at all.

It did feel cheap though. Like a road movie or something from the 70s. But the studio didnt give it full support and Arnold had to use some of his own salary to pay for additional fx shots.
It would seem not to be the case with the new one however.

aidenvfx
05-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Looks like a fun movie. I still don't like the pg13 rating however since "The Dark Knight" had a pg13 rating I have some hope. As for those who thought T3 was one of the worste movies ever, I have to say you havn't watched enough bad movies then ;)

xsitar
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I really liked the previous trailer but seeing this extended version gives me somewhat of a "Charlie's Angels" feel. Maybe it's those pretty girls the director chose to put in to make it very "believable".

I miss James Cameron

cTennant
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Before you go and complain, saying, "the story looks like its going to suck"
Well, you're probably right, its not going to have a great story, not a single one of the Terminator films has had a "great" story (though the message is great if you look for it)

Single elements of the movies are great though... the art design is normally fanastic, who doesn't like way overdone, out of the world designs like the T-1,000,000 from T2-3D, they're fun as all get-out, admit it. The terminator films are also the only ones that take an idea all the way. The exoskeletons don't cheap out at any point. Most sci-fi movies that go this far beyond reality, normally have crappy look designs....I mean horrendous, though the terminator series keeps certain aspects in perspective and maintains a sense of realism.

This movie is going to be fun and probably inspire a new flock of young'ns to join the cg industry as the previous films have before it.

The theatre will get my $10 for this film.

francomanko
05-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Lately, I simply watch movies as if I were 13 years old again and movies are fun again. Seriously a movie costs $10 and last 2 hours, if you are expecting life changing experiences, deeper understandings of the universe or anything more satisfactory than a meal at a fast food restaurant maybe movies aren't for you.

...heres me thinking film making was meant to be an art of somekind, not a trip to a greezy mc donalds!

Come on everyone, lets all believe in a future where all our billion dollar fx movies have decent scripts, a future where we no longer need to leave our brain outside the cinema ,then we can all come together as one. ;)

Hordak
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
It looks a hell of a lot better than T2 and T3... Yes T2 sucks!

T1 all the way!

TheMadArtist
05-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Don't care what anyone says, I'm looking forward to this movie almost as much as I am Transformers. Dare i say it might be the best Terminator yet?

xsitar
05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
I guess it will appeal to this new generation of CG-kids who care more about who's got more explosions, bigger robots and vfx shots instead of the "less is more" and suspense :p

^Lele^
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
yeah, i guess the movie will suck.
Not even ONE line in 4 minutes about the current credit crunch crisis, what the hell. oO

Als
05-12-2009, 06:27 AM
They could have just said: the terminator IS a weapon.

I thinks that IS main strength of the movie, and it's what I felt was best idea in T2.
T2 is the ultimate weapon.
Like a answer/sequel to Conan (the barbarian) - what is more powerfull, flash or sword?
T2 is both.

Looking forward to T4...

Als

Als
05-12-2009, 06:31 AM
if you are expecting life changing experiences, deeper understandings of the universe or anything more satisfactory than a meal at a fast food restaurant maybe movies aren't for you.

Watch Films instead!

Als

DimitrisLiatsos
05-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Why do i have the feeling that the Bikes Chase scene..is going to kick butt :deal:

..i am gonna camp outside the movie theater..weeeee!

thx for posting!

Pete2003
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Warning: Spoilers, but who cares! Its an...

Exclusive 'Harvester' Clip! (http://www.pizzahut.com/terminatorsalvation/?WT.mc_id=0407209Terminator_Salvation_Exclusive_Footage_Current_Site_Feature_Area)

Pete.

scottmbusa
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I think I'll go see the movie just for that scene! Wowsers.

Stellios
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
you think those are renderman renders?

Shletten
05-12-2009, 06:08 PM
you think those are renderman renders?
Hard to say. If ILM participated much then obviously it's Renderman. For the other companies I don't know.

ASquarePeg
05-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Stuff like this is the reason why I love the summer. I'd sleep in the theater if I could. I'm such a popcorn movie fan and Terminator looks like it's butter worthy. :)

Dimitree
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
"hey look we have explosions !!! And people running around !" .................
:cry: :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.