PDA

View Full Version : PS7 whats your take on it?

sireel
05-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Are any of you using PS7 yet? I just installed it yeterday and was goofing around with it. Let me know what your take is.
I didn't goof around with it for very long but it seems the hotkeys to change the brush size has changed... could someone please let me know what the new ones are?

edaddy
05-13-2002, 05:19 PM
PS7's new healing brush is great (it might as well be the rubber stamp w/ a new name though) don't have 7 up at work so i can't help you with the hotkeys, but i found the new brush system to be a tad annoying

leigh
05-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Well I think the new painting engine is great, although initially it feels as if there might be *too* many options :surprised
And where the hell is the airbush???? :sad:

frog
05-14-2002, 03:17 PM
I think that the airbrush is now an option under the paintbrush tool.

Kim Oravecz
05-15-2002, 05:16 PM
I'm just playing around with Photoshop 7's new features but the new brush engine is very cool! But like Leigh said, at this point, maybe a bit daunting with all the new controls!

The airbrush tool can be found but looking up at the top of the screen in that "options" area (or whatever the area right beneath the menu options are). If you look up there where it says "mode" "opacity" and "flow" right to the right of the "flow" option is a little airbrush icon. Click on that and that turns your paintbrush into an airbrush. And no, I have no idea why they did that. :D

The pattern maker "filter" is to die for too! If you need to create a seamlessly tiled pattern - this is the way to go! Load a texture. Select and area of it with a square marquee (doesn't have to be perfectly square), take the menu option filter->pattern maker and you are presented with a screen where you see your texture, play with some of the buttons and values in the dialog boxes, click on "generate" and viola! Seamless texture! Don't like the way the pattern looks? Just keep tweaking values and clicking on "generate" till you get something you like. Click on OKAY and you have a pattern to tile. Very cool.

So that's my take . . . IMHO, well worth the upgrade price if you are into creating textures.

Later!

. . . Kim

Kim Oravecz
05-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Another very cool feature I just found (I'm pretty sure it is new in version 7) is the "Pattern Stamp" tool. If you click and hold down on the "rubber stamp" tool this pattern stamp tool will be seen.

What this allows you to do is to paint with a pattern. For those of you familiar with Deep Paint 3D - this is quite similar to DP's "texture paint" feature.

So say you want to put some rust patches on some metal. Create a rust pattern and put it in your patterns presets. Then select the pattern stamp tool. Then up top where your options are you select which pattern you want to paint with and select your brush size and all that. Then start painting on your image and you will be painting that pattern onto your image. Very cool for putting splotches of textures onto your image. :thumbsup:

Later!

. . . Kim

leigh
05-16-2002, 02:29 PM
Kim Oravecz - your avatar - isn't that Switcharoo??? I remember reading a tut in Keyframe magazine aaaaages ago about texturing that little thing? Is it yours??? :cool: If it is, well, I'd just like to say that I've always thought it was such a cute and cool little character :thumbsup:

Kim Oravecz
05-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Yes Leigh - that's my little guy Switch A. Roo. And thank you! I'm glad you like him. He was a very fun character to create!

:bounce:

Oh - and great workshop you got going there!! Very cool. And really nice of you to spend so much time to do that - we all appreciate it!!

Later!

. . . Kim

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.