PDA

View Full Version : Siggraph has canceled Startup Park

Bill_Young
07-16-2003, 05:35 PM
We we're concidering getting a small booth to have a presence, but now this oppertuinty for the small guy has been eliminated. Regular floor space cost over 2 times the amount. You also must invest in more booth supplys to equip it as well. Also how do others feel this will effect siggraph participation?

GRMac13
07-16-2003, 07:16 PM
It really sucks.

Hey Bill, did you guys have a booth at the 2001 Siggraph in LA? I think I remember seeing some of your characters there. Or maybe I saw it somewhere else. You guys did that short with the puppet dog, right?

jeremybirn
07-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Cut-backs are a shame. The most cost-effective way to have a smaller presence on the floor seems to be teaming up with other companies who can give you a certain amount of time or space in their booth, or could add your product to a selection of products they are selling.

-jeremy

RobertoOrtiz
07-16-2003, 08:11 PM
SIGGRAPH took a bath in San Antonio and according to some reports I have read their losses were in the millions.

I guess we have to wait until the economy recovers until everything is back to normal.

-R

ndog
07-16-2003, 09:54 PM
The company I'm with was also considering a small presence but Siggraph seems to be geared towards the big players and universities.
When I called and asked about exhibition support for new or small companies the person I talked to said they weren't set up for it at all.

Bill_Young
07-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by GRMac13
It really sucks.

Hey Bill, did you guys have a booth at the 2001 Siggraph in LA? I think I remember seeing some of your characters there. Or maybe I saw it somewhere else. You guys did that short with the puppet dog, right?

We didn't have a booth at siggraph 2001; however, that was the year Puppet was shown. The dog is Dennis, and he has had many incarnations over the years. Puppet was a very early test animation showing off a rig that can now be made with our product The Setup Machine a very flexable rigging plug-in for Animation:Master, Maya, and Lightwave. TSM was designed to give animators a very powerfull and felxable rig that works almost identicaly in all 3 packages, and is customizable enough to handle most charater setup needs. We expect to have demos of it at some of the booths at siggraph this year, and the studio wanted to have a spot to offer the products incase people were interested obtaining them at points between demos; however, with the loss of startup park people will have to resort to either our web site http://www.anzovin.com/setupmachine/index.html or catching us after one of our demos. If people are interested I can post a few times to either catch a demo or catch us to obtain either this or one of our other products. Our entire product list can be seen at http://www.rafhashvideotapes.com/ and we're hopping to also demo a new product for A:M called weight mover.

GRMac13
07-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bill_Young
We didn't have a booth at siggraph 2001; however, that was the year Puppet was shown. The dog is Dennis, and he has had many incarnations over the years. Puppet was a very early test animation showing off a rig that can now be made with our product The Setup Machine a very flexable rigging plug-in for Animation:Master, Maya, and Lightwave. TSM was designed to give animators a very powerfull and felxable rig that works almost identicaly in all 3 packages, and is customizable enough to handle most charater setup needs. We expect to have demos of it at some of the booths at siggraph this year, and the studio wanted to have a spot to offer the products incase people were interested obtaining them at points between demos; however, with the loss of startup park people will have to resort to either our web site http://www.anzovin.com/setupmachine/index.html or catching us after one of our demos. If people are interested I can post a few times to either catch a demo or catch us to obtain either this or one of our other products. Our entire product list can be seen at http://www.rafhashvideotapes.com/ and we're hopping to also demo a new product for A:M called weight mover.

Ah, ok. That was a great short, BTW. I loved it when the puppet "came to life," great job. You guys used A:M for that?

BTW, the setup machine seems like a great product. I just started using Maya after using Max for 2 years, and I haven't quite gotten the hang of rigging in Maya yet. Post some times when you guys will be doing demos. I'd suggest (if you havent considered it) providing downloadable demo vids on the website. So people can get a better idea of the product's functionality. BTW, what sort of learning materials are provided with the purchase of the full product?

Bill_Young
07-18-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by GRMac13
Ah, ok. That was a great short, BTW. I loved it when the puppet "came to life," great job. You guys used A:M for that?

Thanks. Yes, Puppet was created in Animation:Master.

BTW, the setup machine seems like a great product. I just started using Maya after using Max for 2 years, and I haven't quite gotten the hang of rigging in Maya yet. Post some times when you guys will be doing demos.

Well I'm not sure of all the demos, as there is still stuff in negotiation, but I know a TSM for Lightwave demo will be held on Wednesday the 30th at 3:30PM, and then again on Thursday the 31st at 11:30AM at the Newtek booth. I will be doing an unrelated demo NOT on TSM at the Hash booth at 1PM Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. There may be other demos, but we're not sure of where and when yet.

I'd suggest (if you havent considered it) providing downloadable demo vids on the website. So people can get a better idea of the product's functionality. BTW, what sort of learning materials are provided with the purchase of the full product?

As for videos, I belive there is a Video if you go to the TSM for Maya web page: http://www.anzovin.com/setupmachine/setupmachinemaya.html , and click on the TSM for Maya Movies link. I belive if you buy it on CD it includes a slightly higher resolution version of the movie, but as we offer a demo version of the software, we include the video on the web for any one who may wish to down load it. I belive the documentation is also included on the CD as well as on the web. Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.