PDA

View Full Version : CG Univerities in Tokyo, Japan.

Esson
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi, I'm Ed and I've been googling for the past 3 days now and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm searching for a University in Tokyo that will give me advanced lessons in 3d game graphics modeling.

I've been to many different Japanese uni websites, but I can't seem to locate the information page on what they intend to teach (rendering, texturing, lighting, modeling etc.) and who's in charge of the lessons.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys know a uni in Tokyo that teaches 3d graphics. I've been going left and right, reading pdfs after pdfs and still no luck. I've tried asking my future roommate in japan, but he found some school that wasn't serious about the education and it would be like watching reruns of an old tv show basically repeating what I already know.
I'm going to keep on googling, but I hope I'm lucky enough to get a response on this.

And if you can, please post a link to the actual information page on what they are teaching (and if possible, student work?)

I have no idea if I'm asking of too much but at least I gave it a shot.

Many thanks in advance. :)
- Ed

TestType
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I've been searching for CG schools in Japan that teach in English at all and offer degrees but I've so far been unsuccessful. I think HAL (http://www.hal.ac.jp/index.html) is probably one of the most prominent CG schools I've found in Japan, actually it's the only one I've found that looks like a serious CG school but maybe you've had better luck. They have branches in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya. Direct link to info in English here (http://www.hal.ac.jp/lang/english.html). No info if they teach in Japanese or English, which would suggest they teach in Japanese only.

Esson
05-24-2009, 08:19 PM
That was very helpful. Thank you so much :p
If i could only find two - three more I'd be set :D Oh well, Google to the rescue! :wavey:

TestType
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Glad to be of help. If you find something good make sure you post it here, I would be highly interested and it may be of use to others in the future :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.