PDA

View Full Version : how do i export the sequence?

devinscog2000
05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
i want to export all the frames at the same time but all i can figure is, it just renders one frame at a time but i want to see a movie file or something. I know you can Play blast but thats not the rendered preview.

InfernalDarkness
05-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't know of any software ever made that renders "all the frames at the same time". Rendering requires a vast amount of computation, mathematics, and time to do so. You can't just click "Render All" somewhere and expect the computer to magically do something it's physically unable to do.

Render out your frames then composite them together in post.

If what you meant was viewport frames, then Playblast does indeed render out the viewport frames. If it's not doing that for you, a very different issue and I apologize for seeming condescending. Please let us know what hardware you're working with if this is the case, and perhaps we can be of more help.

devinscog2000
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
So Render each frame save it, then put it together as jpegs outside of Maya?

InfernalDarkness
05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't render out to .jpg. You will experience a great deal of artifacting and loss of quality. Maya doesn't have compression options for .jpg files, so you'll want to use uncompressed files when rendering.

Let your video compressor handle the compression, and it will look much better. Otherwise you'll be compresseing already (poorly) compressed files, and your quality will be very poor. At worst, use .bmp, or better would be .tif or .iff files, especially if you're using Alpha masking or z-depth masking.

RDC
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I may have understood you wrong, but do you want to render (not export) out your entire sequence at once, rather than rendering single files and saving them manually? If this is the case, you're looking for something called batch rendering. There's plenty of documentation on this and how to setup up your render globals for an animated sequence.

Here's a quick one I found:

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/rendering-animation/38432

I'd also suggest not rendering out your images as jpegs due to artifacts.

R

devinscog2000
05-13-2009, 06:52 PM
So what would be the best way to export? .iff?

RDC
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
It depends on what program you will be bringing your images into really (Shake,Nuke, AfterEffects, Premiere...) as you want to make sure they compatible and can be read correctly. I'd look up on what all the different file format are and what each of them have to offer.

To start with, I'd suggest *.TIFF as they are compatible with most software. *.EXR are my preferred choice though :-)

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.