PDA

View Full Version : Alienboy and Flog - Online Series

Ilive
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey all my fellow CGtalkers!

I am finally in full production on my animated series.
I am currently looking for collabers to help me in my endeavors.

I want to keep it quick and simple and start up a post and keep it up to date. This is the official post.

I'm looking for 3d Modellers at this time.

HEre are some of the characters

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/364/0/0/Girls_of_Alienboy_by_themightyflog.jpg

Ilive
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
The heroes

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs23/i/2007/344/3/2/My_Characters_Handed_by_Manu_by_themightyflog.jpg

Ilive
05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Two more heroes

BOY1DA
05-06-2009, 12:51 AM
What is the render style you are going for ? What assets have been done so far if any ?
What will be the main program for rigging , animation and the render output ?

I would like to help out, I'm very busy , but I will follow and see where I can jump in.
Even if it is something very small.

Good luck with this and I'll be seeing you around.

Ilive
05-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Render style I'm going for is actually semi realistic. I always thought it would be neat to see cartoon style characters with realistic textures and feel vs the standard soft shaded look. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=121&t=717558
Kind of like this picture only with stylized characters.

musashidan
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
concepts look great,especially the heroes.Have you got a story draft/synopsis?

softdistortion
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice to see this coming along Shawn.
All the best and let me know if I can assist somewhere :buttrock:

Ilive
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
concepts look great,especially the heroes.Have you got a story draft/synopsis?

I do have a well fleshed out story.

Scenario
The year is roughly 2032. 20 years after the year 2012 aka Kitchen Sink! Kitchen Sink is only alluded to in the series and is a prelude to this film. Not neccessary to know what happened other than the world changed. It is another series I'm working on. In a nutshell the arrival of Cthulhu who sets out to destroy the world. Accidental release of a few nuclear missles. Economic ruin due to the bailout fall out. Cthulhu's attack on a city destroys a lab carrying a zombie virus which infects all the dead bodies Cthulhu killed, so even more massive zombie attack on cities already ravaged by Cthulhu, terrorists launch nuclear missle, etc. One of the worse years in human history. It is just a mess. The world is rebuilding itself. That is where our story starts.

Alienboy
Alienboy is a half human/half alien hybrid child. He has for the first 5 years of his life been living a "neutral" planet with his family. However due to civil unrest of this neotopian planet Alienboy's father sends his wife and son to Earth while he stays to help out the local peaceful people. A play on when Paul Rusesabagina tried to send his family away to safety while he stayed behind to save people at the Hotel Rwanda! Alienboy and his mother travel to Earth, crash land in Asia and are imprisoned by local authorities. The US government tracked the object and sends Haloquin, a genetic hero, to destroy the ship in order to keep alien tech out of Asia's hands. (US is leaning on 3rd world country at this point while China alliance is a world power) Haloquin saves the family and takes them back to the US. He does not want to turn them into the government so sends them to stay with Hawk, the worlds first super soldier who is advanced in years and lives in a small broken down house in the ghetto. He agrees reluctantly to take them in as his own family partly because he is a hero and he is a lonely old man who in his hero days had no time to have a family. Alienboy goes to the rich kids' school due to Hawk using his government status to allow him to go to school. Alienboy's first day is funny because he tells all the kids at school he is an Alien. One young boy in class name Ryan, tries to attack Alienboy at lunch with a plastic sword thinking that all Aliens are bad. Later Alienboy sticks up for Ryan and they become best friends. Alienboy's mother later tells Alienboy not to tell people he is from space cause they won't understand. From that day he stops talking about being an Alien but as 10 years go by and he is 15 he has all but forgot that he is an Alien and thinks it was just a dream or his over active imagination until he hits his Alien puberty.

CANOPY
IN the meantime "Canopy" a high tech all ecompassing company run by an alien creature named Desau is working with General Hack to bring the US back to it's original standing and build the economy by any means necessary. This includes secretly taking over every big company, tearing down the current economic system and rebuilding it. Advancing technology through advanced Alien brand technology. Canopy is building an Earth Friendly city. Canopy is also the leader in advanced weaponry but by the end of the series they run every company in the US, secretly of course, in order to maintain the appearance of a free market. Canopy appears to be a good company at the surface, negating the need for oil, creating technology and jobs but under the table are very unorthodox. They utilize slave labor and kidnap people from the slums for experimental purposes. They basically do what they want. The Ultimate goal is that Desau wants to either diplomatically take over the Earth or forcefully if necessary. He can only operate on Earth as a reconstruction process due to the Intergalactic Alliance having strict rules on subduing a planet. He is under the guise of humanitarian efforts. If humans turn over the planet willingly it becomes part of the Medolothian empire that Desau's father rules and his children in turn run a planet, Desau runs 6 with his sons handling the other six. OR he can bide his time and wait till his father's empire is strong enough to take on the Alliance. It is all polictical in nature.

FLOG and Milena
Milena is young a girl who lives in the slums with her drug addicted mother. IT is a neighborhood similiar to the flavellas of Brazil. One day she meets a mysterious creature by the beach aka FLOG! (Flog has a long backstory but is a spinoff all it's own) One day as she is out at night some men try to carry her off to the factory. Flog however steps in and saves the day. Milena being a brave and tough street girl knows people disappear off the streets and descides to go around patrolling at night to rescue people from the human traffickers. She happens onto a human shipment that leads her to CANOPY. She descides to go after them with Flog. They free some people, she changes a password and bio locks it by mistake, causes an explosion and her and Flog are thought to dead by Canopy. Flog descides it is to dangerous for her and refuses to perform any superheroics. The both lay low for 10 years. Milena opens a snack shop by the beach and is an advocate for human rights of the poor in the slums.

Flog vs Alienboy
Alienboy as a young man with new found super powers and high tech gear from his Uncle Lowkey goes out on patrol for the first time to do a little crime fighting. Flog confused by the concept of money breaks open an ATM machine leaving a ton of food in it's place. Simple mistake for a simple creature. Alienboy attacks Flog thinking him to be a "monster" criminial. The two fight around town eventually coming back to where Milena's shop is located. The around the time also attracted the SUITS in the area due to reports of two creatures fighting in the city. At first the SUITS realize the two creatures fighting are not CANOPY escaped experiments but one of the more thorough of the group finds a tape of Milena and Flog's original escapade. They discover she is the girl that Canopy needs for the bio lock on the machine so try to kidnap her. Flog and Alienboy team up to save her but the SUITS call in the reserves.

Flog and Alienboy vs Brick and Blue
Brick and Blue are 2 super soldiers. They fight Flog and Alienboy. Milena discovers Blue is her ex boyfriend we see in a quick montage earlier in the film to show 10 years have passed. Brick is an old neighborhood main stay that disappeared one night, named Emilio, who was mentally retarded and is now a giant monster.

To put it simply from here on out we have Flog and Alienboy trying to rescue Milena and alot of action going down.

This is actually the first season of the series.

There is alot that goes on. Unlike US cartoons we see Alienboy grow up. Love and loss. His father returns after saving the other planet, Alienboy goes to his father's home planet for a year. IT is the life of Alienboy.

musashidan
05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
WoW!:eek: that's a well fleshed out story you have there.Plenty of interesting character interactions.Excellent historic backdrop.Great character development.Intriguing sub-plots and the all important clandestine government black-ops.Super stuff.:thumbsup:

have you got a higher res pic of the heroes you could post up?They look wonderful.

no-name-party
05-07-2009, 06:41 AM
I want to assist if i can. Pretty awesome, long and well written stories. :)

Ilive
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I would love to see your work!

The deal with this collab is it is a commercial collab. I'm looking for great artists to help tell the story and in turn we want to turn it into a commercial venture.

This is the outlet we are going to use to make funds.

1) Free online viewing but allow advertisement on the sight and a commercial in video.
2) High quality pay per view Ipod playback with no commercials
3) Print on Demand paraphenilia
4) After each season we combine the episodes and put out a dvd. We discontinue the season online and put up the second season.
5) Distribution rights are sold

So if you want to help think of this as an investment. We are doing it to tell a story but to be able to get the ball rolling to make a living doing it.

Key areas where we will promote

1) Comic book conventions including Comicon 2010
2) Anime and sci fi conventions
3) Promotion through other online series and popular sights

BOY1DA
05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Sounds like a good game plan...
Production will be the biggest challenge for you and to keep up the quality.

Seems like a few of the characters have hair or fur, how will you deal with that ?
Mapped poly hair or a hair renderer ?

Ilive
05-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey Boyida

Production will have several shortcuts including MOCAP which I have access too. I bought a mocap system and we'll also do facial capture mixed with some keyframe work.

The hair is the hair system that comes with c4d. It is fast and awesome to render.
Flog does have a lot of hair that is for sure.

Ilive
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs23/i/2007/344/d/f/Alienboy_in_3d_by_themightyflog.jpg

I was originally going with a more comic/realistic style but descided to go more stylized. Do you think I made the right descision?

Ilive
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
HEre is a picture of Uncle Mike (cut scene character) and Desau the main villian of this movie.

I always liked the concept that not all bad guys have to be ugly and not all good guys have to be good looking.

I love making monsters the good guys and those who can pass as humans the bad guys.

caneration
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Cool ideas. I can help u too.

Firstly try to collect all the names who wants to join project. Someone should manage the team. And then everyone will take a job..

lexandreeff
05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Its really inspiring and i would like to help you.

i'm good at modeling and more technical stuff like rigging, dynamics and shading/rendering, also familiar with tracking.
i use Houdini as core pipeline application, but also good at modelling with Modo and Zbrush, depending on the project use both Mental Ray and Prman for rendering.

lexandreeff
05-23-2009, 02:20 PM
It sounds really inspiring.

Ilive
05-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I definately need riggers. Modellers are the top service I need right now. I'd love to see all of your work. POst it here! :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2009, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.