PDA

View Full Version : tablet PC

BigLips
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Alright, may be slightly off topic here but I'm looking into buying a tablet PC basicly for photoshoping/ zbrushing on the move. Any of you guys have any recommendations? Would have to be Wacom Penabled... Any of you lot use anything like that at the moment? Cheers :D

everlite
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Go to Ebay and type in wacom then just go for whatever your budget can stretch too, the bigger the better :)

eyecon
05-07-2009, 05:05 AM
hey man, I would suggest a good ol, wacom cintiq, the small one instead of a Tablet PC. That way you will get more for the buck and you can use that even without your pc/laptop. Other than that, well I don't really trust any tablet pc, nothing that can match any cintiq though...

carrierodriguez
05-08-2009, 05:25 AM
i would recommend a Modbook Pro :)
mac tech + wacom tech :)

coleenr
05-14-2009, 08:09 AM
+1 to Modbook

My mac tablet (http://www.axiotron.com/) came with a 2.2-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 CPU and 4GB of RAM, making this one of the most powerful tablets to date.

art_3d
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I have a toshiba m200 tablet PC. I got it to do rough animation
in Digicel flipbook. I've tried to see the benefits but I don't really
use it as it's too small. Even for rough animation. The colours are'nt
great on it so I've never done colour stuff after intially testing it.

I'd save and get a cintiq and not the small one. I know it is'nt
portable. The tablet seemed like a good idea but just is'nt really
that practical. You need another keyboard as you are always
in slate mode so it ends up not even being portable.

Save your money. That's my advice.

BigLips
05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Cheers for the responses guys, a bloke I work with mentioned that Modbook too, looks pretty much what I'm after actually, only thing is he was saying that a mate of his ordered one and, apparently, it took nearly four months before it was dispatched to him here in the UK? Does it really take as long as that or was this bloke just exaggerating? Cheers for the other replies too guys.

Lasphere
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
This might be without interest now, but I own a hp pavilion tx2500 tablet pc , and I LOVE it! Its is reeaally great for drawing and zbrushing and lots of other stuff. (also its very strong. I can play pretty hardcore games on it). Only thing thats anoying is that it is using AMD processor which can be a bit noisy sometimes. other than that - a really great tablet pc. (and cheep too!)

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.