PDA

View Full Version : quadro fx1700 512mb versus geforce

raymarcher
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
In terms of speed, how does my quadro compares woth a comsumer geforce? Are there tables anywhere?

Thank you.

biliousfrog
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
From personal experience a 9800GT is noticeably faster and handles larger models in Lightwave, Rhino and Modo as well as handling HD gaming with all the bells and whistles (COD4, GTA4). It is also considerably quieter. I'd never consider a budget Quadro over a Geforce again although I'm sure that the high-end models are great.

olson
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Frame rate wise your Quadro FX 1700 is on par with a GeForce 8600 since they both use the G84 processor. Each generation of Quadro cards will have similar performance frame rate wise compared to their cousin gaming cards. Here's a chart that shows what processor each Quadro is based on, some older cards are not listed though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadro#PCI_Express

This doesn't mean the gaming cards and a Quadro card are the same thing, buts its a good reference for comparing performance since there are more benchmarks out there for gaming cards than workstation cards. Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.