PDA

View Full Version : Problem with glass shader

TaKIKO
05-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Hi Ive been trying to create a decent glass bulb shader and for some reason on two of my bulbs the glass is a solid blue color. Would anyone know why. FYI raytracing settings are up and normals are bot reversed.

scarface1
05-05-2009, 04:07 AM
this could be your background color

TaKIKO
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
By background do you mean sky? I thought this too, but I'm not quite sure why there's such a strong reflection when I'm looking straight on. I have the 0 degree option in the mia_material turned down.

Omarios
05-05-2009, 06:53 AM
why dont u try to add a blinn with the transparency set high and give the transparency a color....
also turn down the color see if it works
if u are using mia material....start off simple with a simple mia material and increase its transparency and hide everything else in the scene...
if it still reflects the sky color try adding a relector...a simple plane with a surface shader set to white or the color u want to reflect and dont let it cast or recieve shadows and also hide its visiblity

-omar

scarface1
05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
the image shows that it might be the roof,maybe its visible in transparency or refraction is off just put an object behind that wall and if the blue spot is gone you have to deal with top of the room......Goodluck

TaKIKO
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the replies. My teacher just showed me that in the render stats of the light bulbs they were unchecked for visible in reflections and refractions.

ytsejam1976
05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, remember that all object you import in to maya, outside from maya, you check on visible on reflection & refraction, and if you have more object, use the attribute spread shift.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.