PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray problem

lhitch
05-05-2009, 12:35 AM
I got a file from a client, which started life as a CAD file (don't know what app), but was given to me as a .3ds file. It was opened in 3ds max and converted to an FBX file. Maya still wouldn't recognize the file, so I used the AutoDesk FBX Converter to convert the file to an older version of FBX (FBX200611) and then it opened in Maya just fine (I'm using Maya 2008). When it opened, I got about 12 repeats of this error message:
// Warning: Failed to open texture file //Applications/Autodesk/FbxConverter //

(I checked out all the texture files, and they look fine to me.)

When I attempt to render it using Mental Ray, I get this error message:
// Error: (Mayatomr.Output) : file error: //Applications/Autodesk/FbxConverter //
// Error: (mental ray) : //Applications/Autodesk/FbxConverter: can't open file for reading (Is a directory) //

It renders using software render just fine.

Don't really care about the texture file errors, I'm going to rebuild all the material files anyway, just thought it might be relevant.

Anybody got any idea why it won't render. I can't figure out why Maya is trying to open the FBX converter.

Thanks for any help, hate to look bad in front of a client.

Omarios
05-05-2009, 06:57 AM
well am not really sure about how u can deal with this error
but this script really saved my life many times....thats if u are on a tight deadline

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=703355

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2009, 06:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.