PDA

View Full Version : how to use renderman lights?

shenmue
05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi
There is a light configuration called renderman light,that I donīt know how to use.When I am rendering with renderman I use the default maya light and add renderman shadow attributes.This is the only thing I know about lights with renderman...
Are the more ways to set up lights in renderman?Also in slim,I only see Pseudo area light and I am not sure what it does.
I would appreaciate any tips or help to improve my renders with renderman.
Thx

lightcache
05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
yeah, you just add the rederman light attribute the same way as you would deep shadows.

shenmue
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
You mean the add custom light shader?
I have done that but then,in slim when I chek the lights,I only have one option and it is pseudo aera light.I have laying around with it but I donīt understand very much how it works:
If I change the light property to something that it is not a point light,the shader is disconecetd.So I canīt use a directional light or any other?
Then I am confused on how attaching the shadows to the light in slim...
Is there any website that could help with that?Because I guess that to get the best results I have to use lights shaders from renderman.
Thx

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.