PDA

View Full Version : Max to XSI or XSI to MAX ?

kovandpet
05-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Did someone REALY tryed to convert from XSI (MAX) to MAX (XSI)

thanx

Atyss
05-08-2002, 02:31 PM
max to XSI: You have the dotXSI plug-in (free) that outputs a .xsi file. The best way to import max data into XSI. You can also use the OBJ format.

XSI to max: The only option you have now, if you don't have conversion software, is to use the OBJ export in XSI.

Note that in XSI the OBJ import and export are not functions but scripts, for now. They will be fully implemented as features in the next release.

If you have access to Softimage|3D you can bring your XSI data into it and export it with all conventional formats (.3ds, .obj, .dxf....)

If you have money you can purchase a conversion software like PolyTrans, wich can input and output almost any format. www.okino.com

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

merlin9876
05-08-2002, 03:32 PM
I've tried dotXSI and it constantly crashes Max or (if I strip everything but geometry as export), gives an invalid dotXSI file... Maybe I'll read a bit more on it but until now it's not really helpful to me... I'll check out Polytrans if a demo's available and see.

mr-doOo
05-08-2002, 04:29 PM
there is a problem with the plug (xsi4max) and the local settings
try to replace "," with the dot "."
hope this help

Bmud
01-24-2003, 05:02 AM
been a while since people were posting here.. in any case, I'm trying to convert *.obj to *.3ds because obj is all zBrush will spit out. =(

Abhinav3d
01-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys,
I had been facing the same problem of converting from XSI to Max.

I used Deep Exploration by Deep Hemisphere.
It's pretty cool and u can export as dot xsi from XSI ->bring it in Deep Exploration-> convert it to .3ds or .max

Textures come, The geometry comes I haven't tried with Bones..

Vice Versa..

From Max to XSI..
I can import the mesh but not the biped..
So still working on that part...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.