PDA

View Full Version : Aurora wip

clairebear182
05-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for crit on my newest digi painting of the disney princess, Aurora.

Last time I drew Ariel which I was pretty pleased with (in my cg portfolio, or go here for a lighter version http://meirou.deviantart.com/art/Ariel-and-Flounder-irl-120588501) this time around, the drawing looks very static and lifeless. The idea is birds will be perched on her should and flying around her, but I dunno. I feel it lacks something the ariel painting has. Any suggestions? :)

btw the contrast and brightness may be abit messed up. I'm doing it on my laptop and when I finish, I adjust the brightness on the computer. :D

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/32/aurorae.jpg

miguelcouto
05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Great wip, The skin tones are great, you could add some red colors on her face, only to give life. I want to see this done, and see the work you make on her hair.

Miguel Couto

clairebear182
05-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks alot! I think you're right about the red tones. I will experiment later to see what I can come up with. :)

stridiggio
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey, I like the pose for this character more in terms of composition, good start! no crits at this moment, keep in it, cheers. :thumbsup:

Cati
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
It's a very nice start. Your Ariel was great and compared to her Aurora seems to be thinner in character. There's something weak in her presence and the pose. It almost looks as if her hair was too heavy for her. Don't get me wrong - it's really a very lovely start and there's strong potential for an amazing picture.

The dark shades on the other side of the face seem to drain away her life. She looks skeletal. But add some colour to her first. You've drawn her beautifully.. :-) Perhaps you should make the other side of the face a bit lighter and lower that left shoulder just a bit - you could also fix the hair resting on her left shoulder. The hair looks massive in weight compared to the size of her head and her upper body. Her neck will snap like a twig under that weight.

Sorry for having so undefined opinions and advice.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.